No announcement yet.

Dogs in Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Dickshot wishes we had real baseball to talk about instead of dogs and cats. Johnny Dickshot will carry on, regardless
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Johnny Dickshot wishes we had real baseball to talk about instead of dogs and cats. Johnny Dickshot will carry on, regardless
      Irregardless, if you prefer. Words matter
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Johnny Dickshot is slipping.
        Johnny Dickshot disagrees, but thank you for your input.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't understand why you say that. Words can certainly be inconsiderate.

In addition to being inconsiderate, which I think you care about, they can also be counterproductive, which I don't know if you do care about. It seems like you care more about being right and being acknowledged to be right than you do about convincing the other person to change their mind. Again, my earlier comment was mostly made in jest, but in seriousness, I don't think you're going to convince Gregg to change behavior by haranguing him. There is a saying about catching flies with honey versus vinegar.

You mentioned allergies as a problem. Have you had an allergic reaction to dogs in stores? Have you had an unpleasant encounter with a dog jumping on you or something else? I'm not understanding why this feels like such a big issue to you.
          You are correct in assuming I care more about being right than changing someone's mind. But that comes after I try convincing the other person to change their mind. Which I believe I did.

You see it as haranguing, I see it as debating/arguing which it became AFTER I attempted to show Greg the error in his thinking. I guess you could indeed say I badger people deeper in the debates, I guess that's another flaw to add to my lengthy list of character issues. I must admit--people who refuse to acknowledge that they may be wrong can troll me easy.

I have NO issues with dogs, never had an adverse experience with one, am not allergic to them. I merely don't want to have to watch out for them, their lease and any unexpected behaviors when I'm shopping inside a store. I certainly don't want them in a grocery store around food I might eventually eat. To my last experience, the couple with 2 St Bernards blocked my way, never bothered to scoot over and make room so I could pass and eventually forced me to go around another way to get to where I was going. Now I'm an able-bodied person, but what if I weren't? Why should someone who say has troubles with mobility or balance be forced to accommodate a non service dog?

Again, which words have I used that you would consider--inconsiderate?

It's not the single issue of Dogs in Public--It's just one symptom of the larger issue of selfish/thoughtless behavior of which we see so much of today.

You're right I'm not convincing Gregg, nor have I been very successful in my past attempts to change his mind. I think he's wrong, but as I've stated--I believe he's a nice guy and we do have things we have agreed on.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            You're right I'm not convincing Gregg, --I believe he's a nice guy and we do have things we have agreed on.
            Johnny Dickshot recommends a group hug and everyone smile and move on. Johnny Dickshot is a lover, not a hater.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Johnny Dickshot recommends a group hug and everyone smile and move on. Johnny Dickshot is a lover, not a hater.
              Man, that must have been a huge bottle then.

when I visited my daughter at college this weekend we had to make a run to grab some Ken's Lite Caesar since she couldn't find it. Got the last two bottles from Albertson's in Morro Bay. I hate to think of the dark times ahead when the bottles run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Man, that must have been a huge bottle then.
                Ok...not even sure where you are going with this
                Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 02-23-2022, 05:59 PM.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Fair enough.

We definitely disagree with how our initial issue arose. If you consider me saying you not to speak to me/treat me like you were my boss or parent as an affront to your family or colleagues, we'll never agree on how and why it all started. But as you've said--the past is the past, but no I don't trust that your intent toward me is anything other than what I believe it to be.

There in the second line, you take a dig at me--this is about dogs in stores, I should have titled the thread better, but I never mentioned any other situations with animals out except in stores. So NO I wouldn't have issue with a dog being in a park.

I acknowledged I might be wrong about peanuts, but again, it's not an equitable comparison--as a dog owner, you should think about how your dog will affect the humans it comes in contact with as a parent it's our responsibility to do what it takes to keep our kids safe-Allergic to peanuts or something else? Then don't allow them to get close to those things , it's in your control. I have had 2 daughters which I had to help navigate the dangers of the world from birth, no they're no longer young, but that doesn't mean I can't relate to current parenting. You can only do your best to make sure your kids are safe, pet owners should make sure the people they force into contact with their animal are equally safe.

I'm not blind, I just don't see it your way. Not in this case at the very least.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You are correct in assuming I care more about being right than changing someone's mind. But that comes after I try convincing the other person to change their mind. Which I believe I did.

You see it as haranguing, I see it as debating/arguing which it became AFTER I attempted to show Greg the error in his thinking. I guess you could indeed say I badger people deeper in the debates, I guess that's another flaw to add to my lengthy list of character issues. I must admit--people who refuse to acknowledge that they may be wrong can troll me easy.

I have NO issues with dogs, never had an adverse experience with one, am not allergic to them. I merely don't want to have to watch out for them, their lease and any unexpected behaviors when I'm shopping inside a store. I certainly don't want them in a grocery store around food I might eventually eat. To my last experience, the couple with 2 St Bernards blocked my way, never bothered to scoot over and make room so I could pass and eventually forced me to go around another way to get to where I was going. Now I'm an able-bodied person, but what if I weren't? Why should someone who say has troubles with mobility or balance be forced to accommodate a non service dog?

Again, which words have I used that you would consider--inconsiderate?

It's not the single issue of Dogs in Public--It's just one symptom of the larger issue of selfish/thoughtless behavior of which we see so much of today.

You're right I'm not convincing Gregg, nor have I been very successful in my past attempts to change his mind. I think he's wrong, but as I've stated--I believe he's a nice guy and we do have things we have agreed on.
                    The couple with the St. Bernard's definitely sounds inconsiderate. But Gregg said he doesn't go down aisles with his dog when other people are in the aisles, and that he keeps his dog right next to him, that he goes the other way if someone comes toward him and appears uncomfortable with his dog. So I think he's trying to stay out the way. He said he allows extra time so that he can do this. It sounds to me like Gregg is trying to be considerate of the other shoppers to a fairly reasonable degree.

It seems like you had a legit issue with someone who wasn't controlling their dogs and decided to take that out on Gregg because he was pro-dogs-in-hardware-stores (but not in grocery stores). I wouldn't personally choose to do what Gregg does, but I don't see how he is inconveniencing anyone in any major way or being inconsiderate. I doubt Gregg would think that the St. Bernard couple handled things appropriately, although I guess he could speak for himself on that. Or you could have asked him.

So since you asked, saying this to him seems inconsiderate:
                    You're just being inconsiderate, thoughtless and/or selfish--which is your right, just own it--to try and defend that behavior is entitlement
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So since you asked, saying this to him seems inconsiderate
                      Oh the irony!

Comment

Only Johnny Dickshot will be trophied up....thanks for your participation
                        I don't sense that you're really and truly thankful.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So since you asked, saying this to him seems inconsiderate:
                          We obviously define inconsideration in different ways. What I said could be described as wrong, inappropriate, hurtful and a few other things, but I don't see where inconsiderate is the correct descriptive--that's ok--this is just me arguing over more inconsequential shit. :P

Edit: I absolutely considered what I was saying and how it might sound--that means it can be "inconsiderate" correct?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't sense that you're really and truly thankful.
                            #DickshotBlessed
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

#DickshotBlessed
                              Geez, what did Blessed ever do to you?

Comment

We obviously define inconsideration in different ways. What I said could be described as wrong, inappropriate, hurtful and a few other things, but I don't see where inconsiderate is the correct descriptive--that's ok--this is just me arguing over more inconsequential shit. :P

Edit: I absolutely considered what I was saying and how it might sound--that means it can be "inconsiderate" correct?
                                I guess if you are hurtful to others on purpose, then no, that's not technically inconsiderate...

I stand corrected?

Comment

Working...
                                X