No announcement yet.

Anybody here purchased a Cameo message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here purchased a Cameo message?

For those unaware, Cameo is a messaging platform for celebrities to charge money to read a scripted message, birthday wishes, etc.

I've never bought one, just looking around. My wife would love a message from a drag queen (Cheryl Hole is her fave)... and the comedian prices seem okay. For under $50, lots of good comedians would spend a few mins to earn it, I'm sure. $40 for Greg Proops is on my wishlist. One funny thing I noticed, 95% of the political figures are right wing grifters. Only lefty i saw was David Pakman, shill that he is. Richard Ojeda also available for $25, lol.

Anybody here receive one or purchase one for someone else? Was it well received?

Its a silly thing, but who would you most want a Cameo from?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    For those unaware, Cameo is a messaging platform for celebrities to charge money to read a scripted message, birthday wishes, etc.

I've never bought one, just looking around. My wife would love a message from a drag queen (Cheryl Hole is her fave)... and the comedian prices seem okay. For under $50, lots of good comedians would spend a few mins to earn it, I'm sure. $40 for Greg Proops is on my wishlist. One funny thing I noticed, 95% of the political figures are right wing grifters. Only lefty i saw was David Pakman, shill that he is. Richard Ojeda also available for $25, lol.

Anybody here receive one or purchase one for someone else? Was it well received?

Its a silly thing, but who would you most want a Cameo from?
    Yup, I got one for my wife for one of those "reality TV" stars she watches (I don't even remember the name, since I don't watch it) and she loved it. It was complete within a few hours of order (varies by person). It was a neat gift just to be different from the normal.
    Last edited by Ken; 12-18-2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

My son got me one from Robinson Chirinos for my birthday. I thought it was a cool thing.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

It's been a go to gift of mine. I've done it five times. All very well received.

I got one from a soap opera star for my wife for our wedding anniversary. She still watches it 6 months later.

I got one from Jake Plummer for my brother for his birthday. Had Plummer reference a fantasy football finals matchup between me and my brother where Plummer led my brother to victory.

Got one from the butler on that sitcom The Nanny for my mom.

Got one from Bernie Kosar for my dad.

Also got one from Jerry the King Lawler for a friend of mine (that was a group gift) who loves wrestling. We had Lawler call him out and say he was going to pile drive him. That might have been my favorite one.

My wife got me one from Edgardo Alfonzo for my birthday. One of my all time favorite Mets.

Comment

Jerry Lawler is still the King, brother.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            Jerry Lawler is still the King, brother.
            The Lawler one was amazing. If I can figure out how to embed, I’ll do so tomorrow

Comment

I think Darth Vader called me once. I didn't get the name so i'm not sure that's who it was.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

maybe it was your father?
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Word up!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I had heard about these on morning radio and had the brilliant idea of getting one for my buddy for his 40th birthday. As a fellow metalhead, a member of GWAR was a pretty obvious choice and he did not disappoint. It was like a 45 second roast he can keep forever. In that same group of friends I did Don Beebe for a huge Bills fan (who predicted a Bills/Packers super bowl back in April(!)) and Ryan Hollins for the huge UCLA basketball fan. All three turned out amazing - since they're not too big for their britches I'm sure they put extra effort into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X