Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That saying "Everything happens for a reason"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That's a very odd question. Your asking if Christianity is based on the bible? Yes... it is. Entirely. I didn't know that was unclear.
    So Christianity proclaims that one cannot blame God for anything bad? That's an easy question to answer.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So Christianity proclaims that one cannot blame God for anything bad? That's an easy question to answer.
      I can't claim to be an expert on what "Christianity proclaims", but chancellor's original response seems to address that, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I can't claim to be an expert on what "Christianity proclaims", but chancellor's original response seems to address that, no?
        Address it? I guess. Provide a definitive answer to my query? Maybe

It seems that God has a pretty sweet deal. All of the glory and none of the blame. I reckon that his ability to get that sweetheart deal from his followers is what makes him God!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You are asking me to provide a definitive answer to a question to which I said above I'm not an expert on what "Christianity proclaims"? What exactly are you asking me for? Or are you just trolling again?

Comment

Bad stuff usually is a consequence of bad choices.

Allowing something bad to happen is not the same as creating it.

Comment

It seems that God has a pretty sweet deal. All of the glory and none of the blame. I reckon that his ability to get that sweetheart deal from his followers is what makes him God!
              you want a definitive answer on the nature of God?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I'd be interested in one.
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Yeah! From above.... "That's an easy question to answer"

Comment

No. I want a definitive answer why his followers give him glory for good things but dont blame him for bad things.

Comment

No. I want a definitive answer why his followers give him glory for good things but dont blame him for bad things.
                      lets say, someone buys you all the things you need to make a great thanksgiving meal. You do the work, and cook it all up. Turkey tastes great, you thank the person for providing the turkey. Mash potatoes taste great, you thank the person for the potatoes. You don't cook your stuffing long enough, and everyone gets botulism and dies. That's not the dude that bought the stuffing's fault.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

lets say, someone buys you all the things you need to make a great thanksgiving meal. You do the work, and cook it all up. Turkey tastes great, you thank the person for providing the turkey. Mash potatoes taste great, you thank the person for the potatoes. You don't cook your stuffing long enough, and everyone gets botulism and dies. That's not the dude that bought the stuffing's fault.
                        that was very logical. except I would only question what dish would accidentally kill everyone at thanksgiving. yet everyone likes stuffing.

botulism, I've stopped doing the nullnor challenge as I am out of expired canned goods. 2 weeks ago I wasted a package of rigatoni on a can of expired spaghetti sauce that was still in my RV I bought that travelled from Colorado to Massachusetts. it's the cold weather. for example if you leave beefaroni in your car overnight in freezing weather it goes bad. pea soup too.

Comment

talking about food is like watching an episode of Seinfeld. they are always eating. the same with Two and a Half Men. the spreads they have on the table. Two and a Half men eat a lot of Chinese food. ..it's like people that are hungry in third world countries probably have cable or satellite, so they are watching the show too. no-one realizes, while they enjoy watching, it makes them want boneless spareribs.

Comment

"For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come." - Hebrews 13:14

Those of us who walk in faith do so confidently that the burdens of life - or, all the bad things you're referencing - are insignificant compared to the resurrection to come. Moreover, to blame God for things attributable to chance, free will, or the corruption of our earthly vessels doesn't seem sensible to me.

And I'm only commenting on the Christian point of view, and a non-Calvinist one at that.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, this is a good explanation, too.

One of my friends who's a pastor will be doing a series on free will. I'll pass this his way. I think he'll love it, knowing how he does his sermons.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

That's not relatable at all. I'm not talking about human error causing bad things. I guess I am sort of referencing the "Why do bad things happen to good people" saying. God is never ever responsible for anything bad happening to the most innocent of human beings?

If a baby is born and the family gives thanks to God for the precious gift of a child. 2 days later they find out the child has some rare form of cancer and dies in the next week. Do they blame God for a child born with a disease that killed the child after only one week?

Comment

Working...
                                X