No announcement yet.

The "Greatest One Hit Wonder" Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m going to be on the road tomorrow, so I’ll try to start it tomorrow night or the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Stealers Wheel shouldn't really be eligible - they were a duo
      and half of them -lead singer Gerry Rafferty had two huge hits
      Baker Street and Right Down the Line

but whatever
      Stealers Wheel was a 1 hit wonder. Anything post-Stealers does not factor into the issue.
      Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-12-2020, 08:28 AM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Stealers Wheel was a 1 hit wonder. Anything post-Stealers dies not factor into the issue.
        Agree.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Alright, three defenders vs one detractor, I'll put them back in.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Alright, three defenders vs one detractor, I'll put them back in.
            I rescind my vote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JsU3ojg_A

Comment

I agree with the defenders, for whatever that's worth.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I do not care one way or the other.

I appreciate you helping to get this off the ground and I will play with whatever you decide.

Comment

• The Troggs (originally called the Troglodytes)[3][4] are an English garage rock band formed in Andover, Hampshire in May 1964. They had a number of hits in the United Kingdom and the United States. Their most famous songs include the US chart-topper "Wild Thing", "With a Girl Like You" and "Love Is All Around", all of which sold over 1 million copies and were awarded gold discs.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I recognize those other hits, gonna have to nix them.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

I recognize those other hits, gonna have to nix them.
                      Agreed.

And hopefully leaving room to add Let's Get Together by the Youngbloods!

Comment

• Joe Charboneau, CLE OF, 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Agreed.

And hopefully leaving room to add Let's Get Together by the Youngbloods!
                          I knew I'd accidentally deleted one but couldn't figure out which, thanks, will add it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I knew I'd accidentally deleted one but couldn't figure out which, thanks, will add it.
                            Lol, nope it was in there, but seeded way too low. I moved it up to a 4-seed.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Joe Charboneau, CLE OF, 1980
                              Good one! Is he not the player that opened soda bottles with his teeth?
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                Good one! Is he not the player that opened soda bottles with his teeth?
                                yes sir. He did heavy lifting too.

Comment

Working...
                                X