No announcement yet.

The "Greatest One Hit Wonder" Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the 1 & 2 seeds advance but three double digit seeds as well.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Now that St. Elmo's Fire is gone, there are no songs left that would upset me if they won.
      There are only about 3 songs left that I wouldn't change the station if they came on.

Comment

• I'm shocked "Walking in Memphis" made it this far, but 867-5309/Jenny is gonzo already.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Was Meredith Brooks- “Bitch” included in our initial vote? Probably should have been if it wasn’t.
          Holy crap! I've been duped. All this time i thought it was sung by Alanis Morisette. A myth perpetuated by Youtube lol.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another one of my favorite one-hit wonders:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I'm shocked "Walking in Memphis" made it this far, but 867-5309/Jenny is gonzo already.
              IMO it benefited from facing weak competition in the first two rounds. I like it OK but it's on the low end of my list among the stuff that's still alive.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Another one of my favorite one-hit wonders:

I didn't think they had any hits. I love the debut album but don't really know the rest of their stuff.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

IMO it benefited from facing weak competition in the first two rounds. I like it OK but it's on the low end of my list among the stuff that's still alive.
                  Dixie Chicken is weak?! Major disagree there.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Agree with you here, though I think Walking In Memphis is even better.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• one of the surviving songs I think has a uniquely appealing live version (granting that they all may have good live versions), but I didn't post it because I am not a voter. and maybe wouldn't post it even if I was.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I didn't think they had any hits. I love the debut album but don't really know the rest of their stuff.
                        Technically it probably wasn't a hit. But it should have been IMO. It was played a lot on my local rock radio station.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          one of the surviving songs I think has a uniquely appealing live version (granting that they all may have good live versions), but I didn't post it because I am not a voter. and maybe wouldn't post it even if I was.
                          You post in the thread but don't vote, why?
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• have been pretty busy, mainly

and these days I pretty much stick to baseball
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              have been pretty busy, mainly

and these days I pretty much stick to baseball
                              It literally takes a minute, eight clicks.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Me too. Easily one of the top four going in. Although I did not expect it to get that far.

Comment

Working...
                                X