X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    My work here is finished
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      The Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA was my favorite mall as a kid! They had this great hobby store where I could buy HO-scale military figures!

How you knew that I have no idea! And what does your mind-reading ability have to do with this gawd-awful band & song?
      You went to South Lakes for a bit, right? Of course you went to the Fair Oaks Mall.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        You went to South Lakes for a bit, right? Of course you went to the Fair Oaks Mall.
        I was too young for South Lakes HS. I went to Langston Hughes IS.

Comment

• Tommy Tutone played at "Spring Jam" in my senior year in college - opened for Marshall Tucker Band.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I have seen three artists in this tournament live: Spirit (twice), the Breeders and the Verve. Four if you count hanging out and drinking on the hillside by the Mann Music Center in Philly while Little Feat was playing (that Dixie Chicken must have been 20 minutes long).

The Breeders and the Verve were on the same day -- Lollapalooza 1994 in Philly.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Tommy Tutone played at "Spring Jam" in my senior year in college - opened for Marshall Tucker Band.
              Henry Lee Summer played at Spring Fest or whatever they called it my freshman year in college. Apparently he had two top 20 songs and is not a one hit wonder.

Here is a him on Letterman, two Indiana boys

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 08-17-2020, 09:02 PM.
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Henry Lee Summer played at Spring Fest or whatever they called it my freshman year in college. Apparently he had two top 20 songs and is not a one hit wonder.

Here is a him on Letterman, two Indian boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvO2vjygR-E
                I remember him! “i Wish I had a Girl.” He was a John Mellencamp knockoff.

Some interesting notes about Spirit:
                - They sued Led Zeppelin over the intro to “Stairway to Heaven” and that case was literally just decided earlier this year in Zep’s favor
                - lead guitarist Randy California was given his name by Jimi Hendrix, because he backed up Hendrix in one of his early bands and there was another Randy who played with them
                - lead singer Jay Ferguson was also a one hit wonder included in this tourney, with 1977’s “Thunder Island.”
                - Randy California drowned in 1997 saving his son while surfing in the Pacific

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I remember him! “i Wish I had a Girl.” He was a John Mellencamp knockoff.

Some interesting notes about Spirit:
                  - They sued Led Zeppelin over the intro to “Stairway to Heaven” and that case was literally just decided earlier this year in Zep’s favor
                  - lead guitarist Randy California was given his name by Jimi Hendrix, because he backed up Hendrix in one of his early bands and there was another Randy who played with them
                  - lead singer Jay Ferguson was also a one hit wonder included in this tourney, with 1977’s “Thunder Island.”
                  - Randy California drowned in 1997 saving his son while surfing in the Pacific
                  And: Drummer Ed Cassidy was Randy California's stepfather. He had been in jazz bands before joining Spirit and may have been the oldest member of a successful psychedelic band.

When I saw them in the early '90s, it was around the time of Ed's 75th birthday and a birthday card for him was passed around the club, which I signed.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• are Katrina and the Waves in this?

saw them at that Washington, DC all-day/night concert in the '80s that drew about 300,000 people. good times

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I disagree
                      Safety Dance is a cool tune.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Lighten up? You're the one telling people they suck dude, look in the mirror!
                        I'm joking of course!!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          are Katrina and the Waves in this?

saw them at that Washington, DC all-day/night concert in the '80s that drew about 300,000 people. good times
                          #3 seed
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I'm joking of course!!
                            And I'm just joking right back atcha!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

#3 seed
                              if that one doesn't make you feel alive - have someone send over the coroner. he's dead, Jim.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Round 2 is LIVE!

Pick!

Comment

Working...
                                X