The "Greatest One Hit Wonder" Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    At least one 12 seed advancing is a given.
    Or not.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Rappers Delight not winning vs. a Molly Hatchet song is pretty disappointing guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Rappers Delight not winning vs. a Molly Hatchet song is pretty disappointing guys.
        What's strange is it has 19 total votes, but most of the others have 18. Where did the extra vote come from since the form required every matchup to have a pick. Unless someone picked both.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Rappers Delight not winning vs. a Molly Hatchet song is pretty disappointing guys.
          Molly Hatchet is great and Flirtin' With Disaster is greater.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• That SHITTY song "Spirit in the Sky" beats an great song in "Jackie Blue"!! You guys suck.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "Groove Is In the Heart" was released 30 years ago today.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

And all the 1-3s did indeed advance, albeit one ("The Promise") on a tiebreaker.
                How was the tie breaker determined?

I would think if the lower seed tied the higher seed, the lower seed should win.

Not a complaint just a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I would think if the lower seed tied the higher seed, the lower seed should win.

No, the higher seed gets the tiebreak.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    That SHITTY song "Spirit in the Sky" beats an great song in "Jackie Blue"!! You guys suck.
                    What are you 8 years old?

Comment

No, the higher seed gets the tiebreak.
                      OK. Any reason or just the way it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        It's interesting when looking up "One Hit Wonders" that a few made TV countdown lists yet aren't one hit wonders:

- A-Ha - "Take On Me" - had another Top 20 in the US (The Sun Always Shines on Me -- never heard of it), and were a hit machine in Europe (14 Top 20 songs in the UK).
                        Pretty sure it was The Sun Always Shines on TV

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

OK. Any reason or just the way it is?
                          Just the way it is, akin to home field advantage I suppose.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Just the way it is, akin to home field advantage I suppose.
                            OK thanks.

Comment

The higher seed gets the tiebreak. If it's the #5 vs #12 seed, the #5 seed would advance.

Comment

What are you 8 years old?
                                ??????? Spirit in the Sky is weak sauce.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X