Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professor Wagstaff and I disagree with the Duck Soup pick

Comment

I did not really care for Its A Wonderful Life".

7 Samurai was on my foreign list. Great pick.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        I'm deviating somewhat from my list where I rank my favorite movies. I've skipped several that I hope to include later if noone else picks them. I want to include at least 1 tearjerker, probably 2, and maybe 1 crime thriller. I think there are at least 7 movies that I feel have to get on and I have only 6 more picks. The crime thriller might not make it.
        I'm trying to make a well rounded list. May not have a tear jerker though.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Right now I have 37 movies on my list. I assume that some will be picked, but I'm going to have some tough decisions to make!

Comment

If everyone has movies left after 10 rounds I'm sure we can extend it.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I'm all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I really thought I would be the proud owner of the Alistair Sims Christmas Carol. It is the best version of that story on film.
                completely agree. I first saw it when I was about 10 ... I had weird dreams for a very long time after that.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Taking Father's Day off?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Taking Father's Day off?
                    Sorry. Didn't know I was up and I was hosting my dad and step mom today. Did bbq chicken breasts and legs with some corn on the cob on the grill.

I am also interested in going 12-15 rounds of there is a consensus to do so.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

We hit the first one that I haven't seen - 7 Samurai
                      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I will have PLENTY of movies left.

Comment

So far, I think there are only 2 movies that are available for viewing for free in English on YT: Rebecca and A Christmas Carol. So if you havent seen them, you can do so there.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                            Sorry. Didn't know I was up and I was hosting my dad and step mom today. Did bbq chicken breasts and legs with some corn on the cob on the grill.

I am also interested in going 12-15 rounds of there is a consensus to do so.
                            No problem! Hope the meal was good!

Comment

Nosferatu is so damn creepy and haunting

Comment

Seventh Seal was under consideration for my next pick.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X