No announcement yet.

Alphabet music draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to clarify, everyone has to draft a band beginning with a letter of the alphabet, so 26 selections each?

Comment

just looked at a couple of websites... X is a wasteland(TM). I saw maybe 12 names, only 2 of which I had ever heard of.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

don't the vintage draft guys combine a handful of letters into one pick?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          don't the vintage draft guys combine a handful of letters into one pick?
          No, but we talk about them in groups as far as the rarity. i.e. QUIZY is the most rare, OVEN is the next most. There literally isn't an X.

Often the rules involve having 3-4 QUIZYs as a requirement.

We also often have a wild card, which allows you to take a 2nd of a particular letter.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            just looked at a couple of websites... X is a wasteland(TM). I saw maybe 12 names, only 2 of which I had ever heard of.
            So that would mean you would have to pick your X early. Or maybe listen to a few of the X bands and see if you can find new/tolerable music to expand your horizons?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              So to clarify, everyone has to draft a band beginning with a letter of the alphabet, so 26 selections each?
              Someone answer the man. I'm still confused. Are we drafting bands or songs? Did I mention I was confused?
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

And we're each fielding separate rosters or is this a group effort?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  Someone answer the man. I'm still confused. Are we drafting bands or songs? Did I mention I was confused?
                  Does the answer have to be correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Does the answer have to be correct?
                    You've been here long enough that incorrect answers are always more than welcomed.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

more than welcomed
                      good band name.

Comment

We are drafting 26 songs, one each by a band/artist whose name/last name starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Chancellor on p. 2:
                        "Was thinking band can be used more than once, but not the song chosen."

If that's how we go, then everyone can use X and XTC songs for their X picks (just not the same songs). But you can't take Dylan's All Along the Watchtower if someone already took Hendrix' version.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          We are drafting 26 songs, one each by a band/artist whose name/last name starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Chancellor on p. 2:

If that's how we go, then everyone can use X and XTC songs for their X picks (just not the same songs). But you can't take Dylan's All Along the Watchtower if someone already took Hendrix' version.
                          well that's just silly ...
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post

Chancellor on p. 2:

So basically we're just drafting random songs we like. The letter thing is pretty irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              So basically we're just drafting random songs we like. The letter thing is pretty irrelevant.
                              Agreed.

It will be a much more challenging draft if once a band/artist is picked it closes the book on that band. It might also require a bit of strategy. I personally do not care if someone takes the same song, but by a different artist. In fact if someone could draft a whole alphabet team that all sang the same song I would give them a standing ovation and a resounding nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Agreed.

It will be a much more challenging draft if once a band/artist is picked it closes the book on that band. It might also require a bit of strategy. I personally do not care if someone takes the same song, but by a different artist. In fact if someone could draft a whole alphabet team that all sang the same song I would give them a standing ovation and a resounding nicely played.
                                I'd think that's impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X