CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Good luck! I'll bet it still turns out great!

We're making ours right now - I am into this new SA red we have. 2-3 more glasses and I'll be on my way to a Kohm-level soju post.
    No one can top the Apricot Soju post, not even Hammers pot roast story.

Just finished eating, very good and spicy, moist--thanks for the suggestions.

I need to halve the recipe as I now have enough to last for weeks lol. Looks like I'll be Jambalaying for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It does freeze well, if you have freezer bags and the space. We actually froze about 40% of our first pass. Just had it with shrimp tonight...yummy. And I limited myself to one more glass of wine, so while I can't drive, I'm not Kohm-level hammered.

Glad you and yours liked it! I'll put my Paella recipe up next week after I dig it up. It's actually old-school on paper in a folder. You have access to the great seafood - I'll bet you'd really like it. And Ciopino.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It does freeze well, if you have freezer bags and the space. We actually froze about 40% of our first pass. Just had it with shrimp tonight...yummy. And I limited myself to one more glass of wine, so while I can't drive, I'm not Kohm-level hammered.

Glad you and yours liked it! I'll put my Paella recipe up next week after I dig it up. It's actually old-school on paper in a folder. You have access to the great seafood - I'll bet you'd really like it. And Ciopino.
        We're gonna have to freeze some of it--we're heating it up today and trying a new coleslaw dressing, which so far smells great. I believe the crawfish are gonna meet their makers tonight (yeah their already frozen, but I can pretend to hear them scream their tiny screams!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Mexican night tonight. Having ceviche, tacos, beans, mojitos, and flan for dessert.

I am thankful to have a job and food on the table. If any regular RJ poster is struggling with food/bills please send me a PM i would like to offer a little help if i can.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Mexican night tonight. Having ceviche, tacos, beans, mojitos, and flan for dessert.

I am thankful to have a job and food on the table. If any regular RJ poster is struggling with food/bills please send me a PM i would like to offer a little help if i can.
            Sounds delicious and that's a very generous offer FS.

We're all good here, just living off the state until they give the green light to go back to work

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Pulled out the traeger and tried the unholy trinity of fish, beef and poultry in one shot. Actually timed it all well but tried new rub recipe for beef and fish ....holy crap. Fish was salty/spicy and beef had a bit of fire to it as well. Gonna have to scrape some of the rub off. Oh well
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Pulled out the traeger and tried the unholy trinity of fish, beef and poultry in one shot. Actually timed it all well but tried new rub recipe for beef and fish ....holy crap. Fish was salty/spicy and beef had a bit of fire to it as well. Gonna have to scrape some of the rub off. Oh well
                Will use the leftover tri tip for thai steak salad tomorrow.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I want to get a treager but I don't have the room for the one I want. Looking for a small gas or wood pellet grill to eventually buy

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Nice. the place we moved into has a built-in 26" weber kettle. I haven't had a proper bbq in almost 20 years (grills aren't the same thing). Need to get supplies but looking forward to getting that thing going ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My wife finally baked me a hummingbird cake Friday and I'm nearly done with it, with just a little help from her and the boys. It was her first time ever making it and it was even better than I remembered (she never cooks, but started backing a few years ago, and has a real knack for the precision it requires). I take back my earlier answer about the one dessert for life being a chocolate chip cookie, as the hummingbird cake would be too much to eat all the time. I could eat this forever.

For the uninitiated, it is similar to a carrot cake, in that it uses cream cheese icing and has some other similar ingredients, except instead of carrots, raisins, and walnuts, you have bananas, pineapples, and pecans, along with spices like all spice and cinnamon. I haven't had one in nearly 9 years, because you can't find them up north, as far as I can tell. Anyone who ranks carrot cake highly must try it. It will spoil you to the point that you may never be able to eat carrot cake again without thinking, I wish this were a hummingbird cake.

Here is the recipe she used: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hummingbird-cake-0

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        My wife finally baked me a hummingbird cake Friday and I'm nearly done with it, with just a little help from her and the boys. It was her first time ever making it and it was even better than I remembered (she never cooks, but started backing a few years ago, and has a real knack for the precision it requires). I take back my earlier answer about the one dessert for life being a chocolate chip cookie, as the hummingbird cake would be too much to eat all the time. I could eat this forever.

For the uninitiated, it is similar to a carrot cake, in that it uses cream cheese icing and has some other similar ingredients, except instead of carrots, raisins, and walnuts, you have bananas, pineapples, and pecans, along with spices like all spice and cinnamon. I haven't had one in nearly 9 years, because you can't find them up north, as far as I can tell. Anyone who ranks carrot cake highly must try it. It will spoil you to the point that you may never be able to eat carrot cake again without thinking, I wish this were a hummingbird cake.

Here is the recipe she used: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hummingbird-cake-0
                        Thanks, that looks awesome
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks, that looks awesome
                          Sorry, that was the simpler one I thought she used, but she actually went with this one for the cake and the simple one for the cream cheese frosting; this cake has a couple more ingredients (brown sugar and allspice), and I don't know if they are needed, but I know it was awesome: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/hummingbird-cake/

Comment

Hey, GITH, you're over on your PMs.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hey, GITH, you're over on your PMs.
                              It's filling up with recipes.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tonight we are having BBQ Pulled Pork, Cornbread, with a side medley of roasted Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Brussels Sprouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X