No announcement yet.

2011 Scripps National Spelling Bee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. SDS came on here to share someghing cool about someone he knows. (Congrats to her, by the way, SDS).

2. Not everything you learn has to be immediately applicable in your life. Sometimes learning to learn is important.

3. Whatever time these kids spend on this is time they aren't wasting time on TV, the Internet, or video games. (and I'm not against any of those activities).

4. How many of you compete in competitions (roto leagues come to mind) that you spend time studying that really ultimately does not improve your life (with the possible exception of winning a little cash), but you enjoy doing it. I would expect that these kids do this because they 1) enjoy the competition and 2) want those scholarships.

I'll turn my grouchy old teacher mode off now.

Comment

If you can be in the top 12 in anything nationally, that says something about you that is frakking positive. I hope she kicks ass!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
      X