• Time
  • Show
Clear All

#75 Alive - Pearl Jam

Comment

#76-The Midnight Special- Creedence Clearwater Revival

Comment

#77. Shapes of Things - Yardbirds

With its Eastern-sounding, feedback-laden guitar solo and anti-war/pro-environmental lyrics, several music writers have identified it as the first popular psychedelic rock song.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

#78 - Anarchy in the UK, Sex Pistols. 'nuff said.

Comment

#79- Shine on You Crazy Diamond-Pink Floyd

Comment

#80 La Grange - ZZ Top

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

#81 Country Feedback - R.E.M

... and here's the epic live version with Neil Young

Comment

#82 - Dreams - Barry Goudreau

Interesting story about this song, which was made by 3 members of Boston in 1980. A dispute with their former manager, where he claimed that he owned a sizable percentage of any song involving Tom Scholz, led Scholz to say they should do their own thing while this got ironed out (they also then were subsequently sued by their label, CBS, because they took too long on this album, which was finally released in 1986, 8 years after their last album). Goudreau released a solo album -- with Brad Delp on lead vocals and Sib Hashian on drums, and while it was a failure, this great song came out of it. This is now one of my favorite "Boston" songs and it gets almost zero airplay.

Comment

#83 Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

#84-Ghost Riders in The Sky-Outlaws

Comment

#85. Black Dog - Zep

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

#86 - Hurt, Johnny Cash

Since we lifted the time restriction, I really wanted this one. It carries more and more significance as I’m becoming more physically limited and as I’m losing friends and family

REMASTERED IN HD! UP TO 4K!Official Music Video for Hurt performed by Johnny Cash.Follow Johnny CashInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/johnnycashTwitter: h...
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

#87 Bang a Gong (Get It On) - T. Rex

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

#88 - Feeling That Way -- Journey

Greg Rolie's not a bad singer. But Steve Perry steamrolls him and leaves his carcass behind for good in this classic.

Comment

I will learn to elevate you, just enough to bring you down...
                                #89 - Sober, Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X