The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    I know Beasties probably questionable on the rock and roll classics angle, but screw it!
    Its such a cool tune!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• First time I ever heard of the Beastie Boys was on the national news sometime in the late 80's ... middle-class outrage that Beastie's fans were swiping Volkswagon Hood ornaments from innocent civilians and wearing them as necklaces.

What can be done to stop this outrageous shocking behavior

Last edited by johnnya24; 02-18-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the vote of confidence Johnny

Comment

• Lucky, you’ve just killed me today. Really thought I could sneak in both CSNY picks later.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Sorry, Chance, but you still got a great one!
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• With all this Rush how have we not seen 2112?!?!

Comment

With all this Rush how have we not seen 2112?!?!
                I debated on 2112 or Xanadu. Stay tuned
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  I debated on 2112 or Xanadu. Stay tuned
                  I saw Rush in concert for the third time a couple years ago...was so happy when they played 2112. They also played xanadu. It was great. so sad it will be the last time. Peart kicked ass as usual

Comment

I saw Rush in concert for the third time a couple years ago...was so happy when they played 2112. They also played xanadu. It was great. so sad it will be the last time. Peart kicked ass as usual
                    First saw Rush in 1980. Have seen them 20 times.

Great to have another Rush fan aboard.

Comment

• I love you man!

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Lollll

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I love you man!

That was awesome
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Nice pick with the Steppenwolf...a true classic!
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Mith is picking all of the old radio DJ "bathroom songs" lol.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                Nice pick with the Steppenwolf...a true classic!
                                Thank you. now we can go motorcycle riding.

Comment

Working...
                                X