The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Yeah, great pick. Pauly has just been killing it, as have others. A lot of great tunes have hit the board.

Side note...has anyone else found it impossible to post using their telephones? That's why I was down during the day, no computer access and the phone wouldn't post a message. Anyone know a secret I couldn't figure out? I tried on an I-phone and a Samsung.
    I have posted using my Samsung all day
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Mith, can you post videos?
      Slacker.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, great pick. Pauly has just been killing it, as have others. A lot of great tunes have hit the board.

Side note...has anyone else found it impossible to post using their telephones? That's why I was down during the day, no computer access and the phone wouldn't post a message. Anyone know a secret I couldn't figure out? I tried on an I-phone and a Samsung.
        Much appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Please leave two hours between picks. Dylan stays (but that was my next pick). Nice pick!
          Typical RJ prejudice against foreigners

Comment

Are you using the mobile version of RJ?

Comment

I could post but not link video.

Per my pick #51; I was never much into Neil Young at all. I have an older brother who really liked his folk/country/pop stuff - like Cinnamon Girl - and played it all of the time. I hated it. Not as viscerally as I detest Geddy Lee led Rush stuff, but hated it none the less. Had absolutely no Neil Young in my collection.

Then I heard Like A Hurricane. Now I have some Neil Young stuff in my collection.
              Last edited by chancellor; 02-15-2020, 09:56 AM.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• A run of Zep!

This Pauly dude is alright
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Re: Killing in the Name of - One of my faves, but I kind of made my cut-off 1989. If we are going into early 90s for classic rock, it really opens it up for me with all the nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains etc etc.

But mostly, I wanted to nominate "Laid" by James.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Re: Killing in the Name of - One of my faves, but I kind of made my cut-off 1989. If we are going into early 90s for classic rock, it really opens it up for me with all the nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains etc etc.

But mostly, I wanted to nominate "Laid" by James.
                    I have no problem with people picking 90s stuff. Heck, I'd argue anything 10 years older or more could qualify. But did I miss the memo?
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      A run of Zep!

This Pauly dude is alright

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        [video=youtube;FoAO0851FwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoAO0851FwA[ /video]
                        Double down

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I have no problem with people picking 90s stuff. Heck, I'd argue anything 10 years older or more could qualify. But did I miss the memo?
                          Didn't think about this. I have no problem making it 10 years and older. How about the rest of you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Didn't think about this. I have no problem making it 10 years and older. How about the rest of you?
                            Well, since this is a "classic rock" countdown, most classic rock stations have a cutoff around 1995 or so. So to be fair, I'd go with 2000 as the cutoff, a cool 20 years ago.

Comment

• I joined a "rock classics of all time" draft, not a "classic rock" draft. Vetoing any and all arbitrary period limitations.

If folk wanted hard-rules and limitations, it should have been done beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I joined a "rock classics of all time" draft, not a "classic rock" draft. Vetoing any and all arbitrary period limitations.

If folk wanted hard-rules and limitations, it should have been done beforehand.
                                Yea I agree. If people want to use their vetoes on music just because it's more recent, that's their perogative.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X