The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Thank you. If I had pick #1000 I would have picked either Happy Trails-Quicksilver Messenger Service or The End by the Doors.
    Fun indeed, thanks for putting it together. "The End" is a fitting finale.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      I say we cap it at 999. Cooler number, and Gregg gets the last pick that way.
      Good by me! Thanks Gregg. This was a blast! As all the drafts on here are a blast! (especially the music drafts).
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Only bad news is that I already took Can't You See a good while ago. Sorry. ��
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          Only bad news is that I already took Can't You See a good while ago. Sorry. ��
          I will make the change I may have one or two left..

Good pick sir as usual.

Comment

• Sorry
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I could easily go another 500. I'll be posting songs that I can't believe weren't taken but were ineligible for me because of my self-imposed rule of only one song per artist.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                I could easily go another 500. I'll be posting songs that I can't believe weren't taken but were ineligible for me because of my self-imposed rule of only one song per artist.
                Thank you for the assist! Very thoughtful.

Thank you all for playing!

You all were Magnificent!!

Comment

• Some interesting tidbits from my list:

126 total picks
                  Most popular years (oddly, all odd): 1971 - 13 picks, 1969 - 9, 1973 - 7
                  Years between 1956-2011 not represented: 1960-62, 64-65, 83, 86, 2000-02
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie (1980)

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• If this list went any longer, I would be scraping the barrel with "I Touch Myself" by the Divynls in short order

Comment

• So many Zep picks and this got left behind?

Fool In the Rain - Led Zeppelin (1979)

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Others on the cutting room floor:
                          1. No Sleep til Brooklyn, Beastie Boys
                          2. Jump Around, House of Pain
                          3. Walk Away, The James Gang
                          4. I Need a Lover, John Mellencamp
                          5. My Name is Mud, Primus
                          6. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, AC/DC
                          7. Emerald, Thin Lizzy
                          8. Modern Day Cowboy, Tesla
                          9. Mexican Radio, Wall of Voodoo
                          10. Spirit in the Sky, Norman Greenbaum
                          11. Bust a Move, Young MC

Comment

• Strawberry Fields - The Beatles (1967)

And so many more worthy songs.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Heroin - The Velvet Underground (1967)

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones (1972)

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X