No announcement yet.

The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOOH! "Your Love" is a great effing song!! Love the pick. it was on my list.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Im gonna go post Charlie Blackmon's walk-up song then...so there!
      Great tune, but they're not a one hit wonder either! In fact, thanks to SiriusXM 90s on 9, I heard a song by them I used to love that I completely forgot about, and now listen to all the time:

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Great tune, but they're not a one hit wonder either!
        Cant say Ive ever heard that one.

Comment

• "Get Lucky" was on my list.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Cant say Ive ever heard that one.
            Their album "Play Deep" is very solid throughout.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Wow, can't believe you picked that Mith, this was the song I referred to earlier when Johnny took "Maggot Brain"!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                And another assist from overkill!
                "Jailbreak" was the other one I was considering 😆

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  "Jailbreak" was the other one I was considering ��
                  Figured.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Wow, can't believe you picked that Mith, this was the song I referred to earlier when Johnny took "Maggot Brain"!
                    Bought the album when I was in 8th grade. To a 13 year old in 1978 that album cover was insane! Loved this song from the first listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      This completes my total control of the Abbey Road medley! Mwahahaha....hahaha......hahahahahahahahahahahahah a!!!!!
                      And yet I still got the best song from the album.

Mwu....ha....hahahahahahahahahaha.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

And yet I still got the best song from the album.

Mwu....ha....hahahahahahahahahaha.
                        And forced me to take my Cat Stevens pick now.

Nice pick, I didn't see that one coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          And forced me to take my Cat Stevens pick now.

Nice pick, I didn't see that one coming.
                          Thanks, you as well. Cat is very deep, hopefully he hasn't made his last appearance.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Thanks, you as well. Cat is very deep, hopefully he hasn't made his last appearance.
                            In 1971 a very young Gregg took a date to go to the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee to see him. Leo Kottke was the opener. We had 2nd row center. It was a great concert.

I think it was my 4th concert ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              In 1971 a very young Gregg took a date to go to the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee to see him. Leo Kottke was the opener. We had 2nd row center. It was a great concert.

I think it was my 4th concert ever.
                              Wow!! I saw Leo a few years ago in a tiny theater, an awesome show.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Wow!! I saw Leo a few years ago in a tiny theater, an awesome show.
                                Awesome. Not only can he play, he is very funny as well.

Seems like someone that would be fun to have lunch with.

Comment

Working...
                                X