Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Core" is a fantastic song
    Great pick!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "What Is and What Should Never Be" would've been my Zep pick if someone had snatched "Over the Hills".
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Mith change your number to 656 please

Comment

• "What Is and What Should Never Be" is what makes Led Zeppelin legendary - they only rock out for the end of the song but the rest is just pure bliss. They've got the most eclectic batch of songs of anyone out there and every style they tried they nailed.

"Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" is another damn fine tune - probably would've been my second choice after "Just Like a Woman". For the longest time the only version I'd heard was Eric Clapton's cover (which is amazing) but when I finally heard Dylan's original I loved it as well.

Comment

• Love The Monitor as well but my favorite song is the other epic track.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Love The Monitor as well but my favorite song is the other epic track.
              “Other” epic track. Every song on the album is 5+ minutes except for the “Titus Andronicus forever” tracks ��

Comment

• Just read that the Mike Somerville, the guitarist for Head East, passed away.

Comment

• Dang, hard to get sniped this late in the draft but “Don’t Stop Me Now” and “American Girl” were definitely in consideration for my last few picks.

Comment

• #666 is already claimed right?
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Really like the White Stripes and Lit picks.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I highly recommend checking out More Blood, More Tracks.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I highly recommend checking out More Blood, More Tracks.

Thank you. I will!

Shelter is one of my favorite Dylan Songs.

We had a dive bar back in the day right along the railroad tracks. The Shelter From The Storm had Foosball, excellent sound system, cheap top end booze, sometimes a cramped live band, fair amount of pretty ladies. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Thank you. I will!

Shelter is one of my favorite Dylan Songs.

We had a dive bar back in the day right along the railroad tracks. The Shelter From The Storm had Foosball, excellent sound system, cheap top end booze, sometimes a cramped live band, fair amount of pretty ladies. Good times.
                            Sounds like a great spot.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• And 40 years later (i.e. last night).

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Ringo walked out during the White Album. All three Beatles played drums on Back In The U.S.S.R.
                                Last edited by Gregg; 03-02-2020, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X