• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    [B]#593 Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
    Your name would have been mud if you stole my Primus pick

Comment

• Thumbs up to Jet City Woman.

The Empire album is a huge favorite of mine.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

#593 Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver

Saw them with Living Color back in the day. Great show!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Just realized that Sprawl II had been brutally and unfairly stolen from me.

*startsplottingvengence*
          Do You Realize that you took a song from my list?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Do You Realize that you took a song from my list?
            Well touche ... though i was looking at a different MGMT song as a possible.

Comment

• Indie rock run!

Comment

• Nice overkill ... the Pavement cover of The Killing Moon is an almost permanent fixture on my playlists.

Comment

• Killing moon is a cool tune.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Here's a local artist's version:

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• SOAD! Love those guys. That debut album is a front-to-back classic (I realize Chop Suey is not on it). I won tickets a while back to one of their concerts at the Hollywood Bowl on KROQ. Didn't realize until I got there that they were front row. Friggin awesome show.

Another anecdote about the band - one of my pledge bros in college (yes, I'm a frat boy) was a well-off Armenian and of course had a connection to them. Once he knew I was a fan he offered to hook me up with, I don't know, backstage passes or something. For some reason I never took him up on that.

Comment

• Phew...missed a lot of interesting picks. Cluster (migraine) headaches are nasty.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Phew...missed a lot of interesting picks. Cluster (migraine) headaches are nasty.
                          Sorry to read about your migraines, nasty stuff.

Good pick on Landslide.

Comment

• Was Juke Box Hero unpicked and then repicked?

Nice grab on Flirting with Disaster...best whistle in classic rock.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Was Juke Box Hero unpicked and then repicked?

Yes. I realized that Juke Box was my 6th pick instead of 5th yesterday, so I took it down. Then I made it my first pick today. I caught it before it messed with the numbers.

Comment

Was Juke Box Hero unpicked and then repicked?

"Flirtin" is a southern rock masterpiece!

Comment

Working...
                                X