The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Uprising" kicks ass! Great pick.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Golden Country! YES!! That was my REO tune to pick too.

Richrath rips it up in that song. He was too underrated as a guitarist.
      Agreed, fantastic song. I thought I might get it later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Agreed, but Purple Haze was ground breaking and top dog at the time.
        I assumed it was taken. Recall debating picking it a long time ago. Nice grab ...

Comment

• Numbers fixed ... apparently my mod privileges from the Vintage Drafts Forum work here also.

I abuse my power for good not evil.

Comment

• Was wondering if today would be the day I'd miss out on "My Sharona".
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Was wondering if today would be the day I'd miss out on "My Sharona".
              I know what you mean ... there's waaaaaaaay too many songs to pick.

Comment

• I was not familiar with DMT's pick #363-Muse-Uprising. Bonus for me!

A lot to take in. I like it now- I would have loved it in college.

Comment

• "Don't Bring Me Down" was on my list of songs to consider taking today.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I was not familiar with DMT's pick #363-Muse-Uprising. Bonus for me!

A lot to take in. I like it now- I would have loved it in college.
                    If you like classic rock, you will like Muse ... they are like the reincarnation of Queen filtered through 80's and 90's rock and punk.

Origin of Symmetry (2001), Absolution (2003) & Black Holes and Revelations (2006) are 3 of the best records of the 2000's.

Comment

• Haven't picked a Neil Young song yet, but "Down By The River" was near the top of that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Haven't picked a Neil Young song yet, but "Down By The River" was near the top of that list.
                        It was at the top of my NY list, after Powderfinger.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          If you like classic rock, you will like Muse ... they are like the reincarnation of Queen filtered through 80's and 90's rock and punk.

Origin of Symmetry (2001), Absolution (2003) & Black Holes and Revelations (2006) are 3 of the best records of the 2000's.
                          I do. And I will check these out. Thanks!

But since I was not aware of them I will not include any of them for my picks.

Comment

• Just noticed Cowgirl In The Sand went also ... nice & damn it.

Comment

• Kick out the jams mother fuckers!

I thought this was picked already, so I didnt take it. My mistake.

Great great song.

Comment

• Gregg? Pretty sure Welcome To The Black Parade was released after 1990 ... gonna need to you give that back.

Comment

Working...
                                X