X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pauly
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Where's the line on "rock"? I was surprised to see a Johnny Cash pick (no knock on Cash....I just don't consider that music "rock".

I started to pick a Monkees song today in honor of the one year ago passing of Peter Tork but wasn't sure the Monkees counted.

Does Disco? Motown?
    It's a thin and blurry line for sure. I thought Folsom was the most rock & roll-sounding Cash song to me. Plus it rocks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve 2.0
    replied
    Where's the line on "rock"? I was surprised to see a Johnny Cash pick (no knock on Cash....I just don't consider that music "rock".

I started to pick a Monkees song today in honor of the one year ago passing of Peter Tork but wasn't sure the Monkees counted.

Does Disco? Motown?

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Chance with the nice snag on Smoke!

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Yeah, I keep forgetting that Gregg will snap up tunes like Badge if I leave them out there.

BTW, Ms. Lucky has opined again. She can't believe the guy who posted the Uriah Heep would come back with Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's just saying.

I'm on tilt now.

Fun afternoon listening to everyone's great picks.
    Ha, which one doesn't she like? I think the outlier is Breakfast. I remember when it came out I thought it a bad year for music and was very surprised how much I liked it. Still do.

Fun to get our honeys involved. Mrs. Gregg and I have very similar tastes except when we don't then it is "who is this person?"

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Though once one song is picked you can never go back again ... there might even be a chain reaction or something
    I have no idea what you are doing, but don't stop

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    Was planning on taking "Sunshine of Your Love" as my first pick when I jumped in late. When I realized it was taken pretty early i thought about taking "Badge" instead. Hell of a tune.
    Badge is indeed a fantastic tune.

Leave a comment:

• Redbirds Fan
    replied
    Yeah, I keep forgetting that Gregg will snap up tunes like Badge if I leave them out there.

BTW, Ms. Lucky has opined again. She can't believe the guy who posted the Uriah Heep would come back with Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's just saying.

I'm on tilt now.

Fun afternoon listening to everyone's great picks.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Was planning on taking "Sunshine of Your Love" as my first pick when I jumped in late. When I realized it was taken pretty early i thought about taking "Badge" instead. Hell of a tune.

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Another Grateful Dead fan, I'm shocked!
    Almost went with a song of theirs with one of my recent picks but the shellshock from the crap i got for picking American Beauty in the album draft haunted me

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Was listening to "English Rose" a couple of weeks back ...
    I always liked the "Then Play On" album.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Another Grateful Dead fan, I'm shocked!

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Not this time
    Was listening to "English Rose" a couple of weeks back ...

Leave a comment:

• johnnya24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    You're right, but sometimes you just have to go your own way. If we put up a poll on whether they'd show up more, the over would win in a landslide.
    Though once one song is picked you can never go back again ... there might even be a chain reaction or something

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    With the typical classic rock love-in on RJ drafts, early Fleetwood Mac always seem to get overlooked IMO.
    Not this time
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-20-2020, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    With the typical classic rock love-in on RJ drafts, early Fleetwood Mac always seem to get overlooked IMO.
    You're right, but sometimes you just have to go your own way. If we put up a poll on whether they'd show up more, the over would win in a landslide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X