The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I hope your Weezer shortlist isn't Undone now.
    I almost reaction picked it ...

Comment

• With the typical classic rock love-in on RJ drafts, early Fleetwood Mac always seem to get overlooked IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        With the typical classic rock love-in on RJ drafts, early Fleetwood Mac always seem to get overlooked IMO.
        You're right, but sometimes you just have to go your own way. If we put up a poll on whether they'd show up more, the over would win in a landslide.

Comment

With the typical classic rock love-in on RJ drafts, early Fleetwood Mac always seem to get overlooked IMO.
          Not this time
          Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-20-2020, 07:07 PM.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            You're right, but sometimes you just have to go your own way. If we put up a poll on whether they'd show up more, the over would win in a landslide.
            Though once one song is picked you can never go back again ... there might even be a chain reaction or something

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Not this time
              Was listening to "English Rose" a couple of weeks back ...

Comment

• Another Grateful Dead fan, I'm shocked!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Was listening to "English Rose" a couple of weeks back ...
                  I always liked the "Then Play On" album.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Another Grateful Dead fan, I'm shocked!
                    Almost went with a song of theirs with one of my recent picks but the shellshock from the crap i got for picking American Beauty in the album draft haunted me

Comment

• Was planning on taking "Sunshine of Your Love" as my first pick when I jumped in late. When I realized it was taken pretty early i thought about taking "Badge" instead. Hell of a tune.

Comment

• Yeah, I keep forgetting that Gregg will snap up tunes like Badge if I leave them out there.

BTW, Ms. Lucky has opined again. She can't believe the guy who posted the Uriah Heep would come back with Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's just saying.

I'm on tilt now.

Fun afternoon listening to everyone's great picks.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Was planning on taking "Sunshine of Your Love" as my first pick when I jumped in late. When I realized it was taken pretty early i thought about taking "Badge" instead. Hell of a tune.
                          Badge is indeed a fantastic tune.

Comment

Though once one song is picked you can never go back again ... there might even be a chain reaction or something
                            I have no idea what you are doing, but don't stop

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                              Yeah, I keep forgetting that Gregg will snap up tunes like Badge if I leave them out there.

BTW, Ms. Lucky has opined again. She can't believe the guy who posted the Uriah Heep would come back with Breakfast at Tiffany's. She's just saying.

I'm on tilt now.

Fun afternoon listening to everyone's great picks.
                              Ha, which one doesn't she like? I think the outlier is Breakfast. I remember when it came out I thought it a bad year for music and was very surprised how much I liked it. Still do.

Fun to get our honeys involved. Mrs. Gregg and I have very similar tastes except when we don't then it is "who is this person?"

Comment

• Chance with the nice snag on Smoke!

Comment

Working...
                                X