Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Did we ever establish a cutoff date for songs?

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I've always been drawn to them but never quite became a superfan. Their greatest hits was one of my first CDs when I was 15, they were my first ever concert, and when Napster came around I was able to sample a lot of their non-hits (most of which I liked). It's hard to catch all the way up with a band who's been around for 50 years but I should at least dig in a little more.
    Try the "Imaginos" album. It is their heaviest by far. Has a lot of conflict behind it. Some even question whether it should be considered a BOC album. I love it and like I said, it rocks!

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Love "Jane" and "Astronomy"

BOC never seemed to get much love here other than their BIG 3 hits. I'm a huge fan of theirs. Always thought they were overlooked because their 70's output is phenomenal.
    I've always been drawn to them but never quite became a superfan. Their greatest hits was one of my first CDs when I was 15, they were my first ever concert, and when Napster came around I was able to sample a lot of their non-hits (most of which I liked). It's hard to catch all the way up with a band who's been around for 50 years but I should at least dig in a little more.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    And Pauly snakes Gregg E. on 500 miles.

Love that song and played it to my two young girls (about 3 and 7) while we were waiting for mom to come out of the grocery store. Cranked and we sang at the top of our lungs (badly). Turned it down as mom came out acting if nothing had happened.

Mom "So why are all of you smiling like that?"

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    "DAWNIE" Iris is huge in da 'burgh. He made some really good music and should have been a lot bigger nationally.

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    overkill - A lot of BOC tunes are spooky. Joan Crawford scares the heck out of me every time I listen to it, also.
    BOC has their own distinct sound and it can be creepy and sinister. Like there is something lurking just beyond the edges.....

Leave a comment:

• Mithrandir
    replied
    Love "Jane" and "Astronomy"

BOC never seemed to get much love here other than their BIG 3 hits. I'm a huge fan of theirs. Always thought they were overlooked because their 70's output is phenomenal.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Haha, is he? I had no idea. !
    Yeah, he's the owner of a mortgage firm somewhere in Pennsylvania. A buddy of mine living just outside of Pittsburgh had his mortgage with his company.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    A distinct lack of cowbell in that one.
    LOL...tis true. I have a lot of fond memories from Agents of Fortune. I learned to throw knives to that album.

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Here you go.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    I shoulda known revo would take that song. I mean, he has to support the musicians who are also financial guys!
    Haha, is he? I had no idea. I did know that he was the former lead singer of The Jaggerz, who had an early 70s hit with "The Rapper." I'll have to read up on what he's doing now.

overkill - A lot of BOC tunes are spooky. Joan Crawford scares the heck out of me every time I listen to it, also.
    Blue Oyster Cult -- Stony Brook University's claim to the rock world!

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• overkill94
    replied
    Especially something like "7 Screaming Diz Busters" What's a diz buster and why is it screaming at me? And why are there 7 of them?!?!

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gregg
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I don't think I'd ever heard that one, nice pick!
    Thank you.

Sky Pilot is military jargon for a military clergyman within the ranks.

I was 15 when it came out. The Vietnam war was a constant always there in all of our lives at that time. This song represents a lot of what we were thinking and feeling at the time.

From our pick perspective it would have been easily in my top 10, but I figured most either would not be familiar with it or have forgotten about it. I have considered it after my first 5 or so figured it was time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X