The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Does anyone in this draft besides maybe Johnny know it? Just curious. Not a shot at it.
    IOW ... "is anyone else as ignorant as me?"

Maybe you should educate yourself more before throwing shade around other peoples decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Maybe one day you'll realize that the tiny bubble of your experience can't be projected onto everything ... maybe ...

I love how you simultaneously appeal to the credibility-recognition-police to defend your own decisions, yet remain completely oblivious to your own ignorance when it comes to stuff that doesn't suit your very narrow taste.

The most famous and iconic song by one of the most influential bands of all-time (Pixies) isn't a valid pick ... uhhh OK ... and since you appear to value "recognition", Pitchfork have Common People at #2 on list of best songs of the 1990's, NME #1 ... even Rolling Stone magazine had it at #8, which is saying something considering Pulp didn't make a dent on the US market.
      Actually if you ever paid attention to my picks on the drafts we have had you would realize my musical taste is just as varied, if not more than anyone on this site. We can all defend our picks, but it amusing that the only pick where veto was mentioned was a pick of mine and a pick that is a classic of the genre.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

IOW ... "is anyone else as ignorant as me?"

Maybe you should educate yourself more before throwing shade around other peoples decisions.

As usual you misunderstand my comment. Easy man
        Why so defensive? I asked a question that had nothing to do with ignorance.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Actually if you ever paid attention to my picks on the drafts we have had you would realize my musical taste is just as varied, if not more than anyone on this site. We can all defend our picks, but it amusing that the only pick where veto was mentioned was a puck of mine and a puck that is a classic of the genre.
          The veto thing was a bad idea ... can only lead to drama (like this).

I'm not vetoing or saying anything negative about anyone else's pick ... even if I don't think they are worthy. If Gregg didn't like your pick and you have an issue with that, take it up with him ... don't drag everyone else into your drama.

Comment

The veto thing was a bad idea ... can only lead to drama (like this).

I'm not vetoing or saying anything negative about anyone else's pick ... even if I don't think they are worthy. If Gregg didn't like your pick and you have an issue with that, take it up with him ... don't drag everyone else into your drama.
            Drama? The trouble with message boards is too many people get way too serious ( like you in this discussion) when I'm just making conversation about likes and dislikes.

Questioning and commenting on others musical tastes is sure to bring out debate, but you (and others in the past) seem to get so angry over it and take comments the wrong way.

Comment

Does anyone in this draft besides maybe Johnny know it? Just curious. Not a shot at it.
              Uhhh, yeah. It’s not my cup of tea, but I’m absolutely familiar with it. And I’d not veto it.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Drama? The trouble with message boards is too many people get way too serious ( like you in this discussion) when I'm just making conversation about likes and dislikes.
                Never your fault right?

Comment

Questioning and commenting on others musical tastes is sure to bring out debate, but you (and others in the past) seem to get so angry over it and take comments the wrong way.
                  Seriously dude? If you're going to engage people by talking shit about stuff they personally like, how can you expect them to respond positively and productively? Surely after all these years using messageboards you must realize that there is a right way and a wrong way to express yourself?

Take it from someone who's had their fair share of Internet drama down through the years ... if you haven't got something productive or positive to say ... say nothing. And if you must say something negative, which you seem compelled to do, do it in an overtly-over-the-top-emoji-laden-humorous-non-confrontational manner. Otherwise don't complain if your comments come back at you with some heat.
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

... if you must say something negative, which you seem compelled to do, do it in an overtly-over-the-top-emoji-laden-humorous-non-confrontational manner.
                    Nice pick with Lateralus, shame it's only the 4th best song on the album --> <--

Comment

• "Today" would've been my top pick from them as well.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Was going to pick Sympathy for the Devil in each of my last 4/5 picks. Rolling Stones are one of the stars - scrubs bands for me ... I'll either pick their standout songs very early or their lesser hits way later.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          "Today" would've been my top pick from them as well.
                          Mayonaise for me by a mile. Have it on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            "Today" would've been my top pick from them as well.
                            Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Mayonaise for me by a mile. Have it on my list.
                            Yeah ... i feel compelled to pick "the best", even if I prefer other songs. "Killing In the Name" is like my 3rd or 4th favorite song on that album, but how can I justify picking "Township Rebellion" or "Bullet In The Head" ahead of it?

Have you heard to cowbell work on Township Rebellion? Next level shit right there!

Comment

Yeah ... i feel compelled to pick "the best", even if I prefer other songs. "Killing In the Name" is like my 3rd or 4th favorite song on that album, but how can I justify picking "Township Rebellion" or "Bullet In The Head" ahead of it?
                              Because bullet in the head is better lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Because bullet in the head is better lol
                                Yeah ... but no cowbell! ... and can you place it above "Killing In the Name" as a "rock classic"?

Comment

Working...
                                X