Again calling on the Junkie legal eagles for some investigative help/info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again calling on the Junkie legal eagles for some investigative help/info

Okay, for those who were around and provided valuable info and suggestions to Bats and I regarding a small claims lawsuit we were filing over the purchase of a van that immediately blew an engine, I am looking for some help, and I think someone offered this help last summer, but I cannot remember who it was and I can't get to the old RJ PM box to check.

Anyway, to catch up... We were suing for $1800ish to cover the cost of repairs on a van that blew an engine 70miles or so after buying it. We filed suit and the defendent didn't show. It was ruled in our favor. The judge gave him 2 weeks to file papers contesting the decision. He didn't. He was given another date to show up and discuss the payment. He didn't show. We are now at the point where the judge said he would issue a bench warrant for the guy for contempt of court.

We were told that we need to come up with the guy's SSN or DL# so the judge can issue the warrant.

Anyone here have the ability to find that information or ideas on how we might go about it? Feel free to send me a PM or email about it ([email protected])
    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Hire Dog the Bounty Hunter.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hmm. I don't know how to get that information, other than through a private investigator. But there are warrantless ways to try to collect on your judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
        Okay, for those who were around and provided valuable info and suggestions to Bats and I regarding a small claims lawsuit we were filing over the purchase of a van that immediately blew an engine, I am looking for some help, and I think someone offered this help last summer, but I cannot remember who it was and I can't get to the old RJ PM box to check.

Anyway, to catch up... We were suing for $1800ish to cover the cost of repairs on a van that blew an engine 70miles or so after buying it. We filed suit and the defendent didn't show. It was ruled in our favor. The judge gave him 2 weeks to file papers contesting the decision. He didn't. He was given another date to show up and discuss the payment. He didn't show. We are now at the point where the judge said he would issue a bench warrant for the guy for contempt of court.

We were told that we need to come up with the guy's SSN or DL# so the judge can issue the warrant.

Anyone here have the ability to find that information or ideas on how we might go about it? Feel free to send me a PM or email about it ([email protected])
        Why is it really your job to find this info if the guy is in contempt of court? I would like to think that my SSN and DL would not be available for anyone to access. It's one thing getting an address or a phone number, but it seems a bit much to ask you to get the SSN and DL ... but I dunno ... may that info is available to anyone.

Comment

I will not suggest going through his trash.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Why is it really your job to find this info if the guy is in contempt of court? I would like to think that my SSN and DL would not be available for anyone to access. It's one thing getting an address or a phone number, but it seems a bit much to ask you to get the SSN and DL ... but I dunno ... may that info is available to anyone.
            Yea, that is ridiculous, how is it your responsibility to get that info?!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

have you tried this? Maybe a long shot but its a cheap one

Ive used it before but I just needed a phone number. I dont remember if they provided a SS#.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yea, that is ridiculous, how is it your responsibility to get that info?!
                Yah, I don't know... That was my first response. Apparently, (as the judge told Bats) all it would really take is a friend on the PD who could look it up for us. Alas, we do not have one of those. It would seem that if it was THAT simple then why would it be difficult for the court to make a call to the PD and get the info? But anyway, that's what we were told.

As for finding the info. I think the SSN is right out. But it would seem like a DL# would be easy to come across. They are considered public documents legally aren't they?
                -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

As for finding the info. I think the SSN is right out. But it would seem like a DL# would be easy to come across. They are considered public documents legally aren't they?
                  Varies by state as to level of availability.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yah, I don't know... That was my first response. Apparently, (as the judge told Bats) all it would really take is a friend on the PD who could look it up for us. Alas, we do not have one of those. It would seem that if it was THAT simple then why would it be difficult for the court to make a call to the PD and get the info? But anyway, that's what we were told.

So the judge basically told you to illegally obtain the SSN? That's messed up.

Sorry but I have no help in your plight but I wish you the best of luck.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Attorneys can get you this info. Everything's out there on the internet.

I can find stuff like that myself - but only related to a particular story, and I only use relevant stuff (like confirming an exact age or date of death, obtaining an address, confirming a divorce, or sale of property for how much). SS #s are sometimes all part of the intel.
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-02-2011, 09:55 PM.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                      X