Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.06 Fats Domino
    "Knowledge is good." ---Emil Faber

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat." --- Judge Elihue Smails

"Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private." --- Joyce Meyer

"..........don't think; it can only hurt the ballclub." --- Crash Davis

Comment

3rd round - Michael Douglas

4.05 Hugh Hefner
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        3rd round - Michael Douglas
        Taken at 1.08....re-pick.

There really needs to be a list of who's taken to stop this re-picking madness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Taken at 1.08....re-pick.

There really needs to be a list of who's taken to stop this re-picking madness!!!
          Agreed about the list...David really reached at 1.08...he's clearly a 3rd rounder

3.11 Artie Lange
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Skipping ahead.

4.8 - B.B. King

Comment

4.07 George H.W. Bush

Comment

for Fresno Bob
                4.10.....Kirk Douglas

my pick
                4.11.....Don Imus

Comment

Revo's pick is actually 4.12. At 4.11 I select:

Adam Yauch, aka MCA from the Beastie Boys

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

4.13 - Chuck Berry

Sounds like he's been doing more reelin' than rockin' lately...

Linky: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...de-chuck-berry

Chuck Berry was at his home near St. Louis and in good health Sunday after falling ill from exhaustion during a concert the previous night in Chicago, his rep said in a statement.

About an hour into a rapidly-deteriorating concert at the Congress Theater Saturday night, Chuck Berry slumped over an accompanist's keyboard before being helped offstage.

Although Berry played this and following songs - "Sweet Little Sixteen" and "School Days" -- at slower tempos than the original recordings, he filled them with his classic guitar riffs and sang them with weathered authority. Drummer Steve Gillis and bassist Bill Stephens kept the songs swinging steadily, and Vijay Tellis-Nayak added jubilant boogie piano.

Things then quickly began going off the rails. Berry played snippets of blues songs and an unsteady version of " Memphis Tennessee," before taking an extended pause to try to retune his guitar, complaining that it was out of key with the piano. He made several unsuccessful attempts at "Let It Rock," in part seated at the piano, and performed disjointed bits of "Carol" and "Johnny B. Goode."

Berry revived to lead the crowd in a sing-along of "My Ding-a-Ling" and acknowledged things weren't going well, telling the crowd he'd try to do better at entertaining them. It was not to be. After a version of "Reelin' and Rockin'" they found the band gamely following his inconsistent tempo, Berry made his way to the piano, where the show came to an end completely at odds with the joy in his music.

"Obviously, something was off," said Petryshyn, the promoter. "Fifteen minutes into the set it went from fine to something wasn't right. He was starting songs mid-song, playing 15 seconds of a song."
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

4.14 Margaret Thatcher

-----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

4.15 - Seve Ballesteros

Comment

5.01 - Peter Falk

This one is for my Dad (RIP).....he never missed Columbo every week. He loved this show.

Comment

5.02 Chuck Panozzo

(hopefully Sheep recognizes a founding member of Styx from his unequalled experience in music. They had a hit or 2. )

-----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by NakedRicci View Post
                              5.02 Chuck Panozzo

(hopefully Sheep recognizes a founding member of Styx from his unequalled experience in music. They had a hit or 2. )
                              Yes, "founding member of Styx" > "guy who was almost the singer for Survivor." LOL. I think that's like nearly standing up to the vicious chicken of Bristol.

5.03 - Helen Thomas - Horrible, racist, partisan old media cow

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

It's been more than two hours. Heck, it's been more than four. Revo is skipped.

5.05 Barbara Bush

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X