Dads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Enjoy time with them while you have them .
    Sorry for your loss and very good advice.

Comment

My condolences TG. Great attitude to have.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

TG,

My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Dad to a car crash 25 years ago and there isn't a day go by that I don't think of him. Always remember the memories and smile.

Comment

My condolences, TG....sad to hear...
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Sorry to hear that TG. I lost my mom in 2003 and dad in 2005 so I know its tough no matter what age you are.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Sorry for you loss TG
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Sorry for your loss TG, went through the same thing with my dad who passed away in 2001. Sad to see an intelligent, engaging man go down that road. Remember the good times.
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Sorry for your loss, TG.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it's appreciated ... strange times; the first 7 or 8 years of dad's alzheimers were focused on things like learning about the phsyiology of the disease, what to expect, getting the car keys out of his hands, getting alarms for the doors, making sure mom wasn't about to have a nervous breakdown ... then after he went into the home we were focused on making sure he was comfortable, that he was on the right meds, that he was getting the care he needed ... now that the funeral is over, I find myself with a big gap. I've taken the rest of the week off to deal with some of the practical things, but this is gonna take some getting used to.

I've learned a lot about the disease over the years ... if anyone else is in a similar situation let me know.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X