No announcement yet.

Cover Songs I like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think anyone could cover a Barry White song. But, Joe Amputch pulls it off with HSCC.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I haven't posted any of these in awhile, and I appreciate madducks and others who have kept the thread alive with some great covers, so I figured I'd post some covers I've been listening to lately. Here is great cover of Chris Isaak's Wicked Games. It is a really hard song to cover and she cheats a bit with the echo, but it is a great cover:

Comment

• Another great cover. She has a voice you don't expect when you first see her.

Comment

• Sleeping at Last has some quality original music, but I love their covers. They have three albums of just covers. This is probably their most popular, because it was in a SB ad and a Grey's Anatomy episode, apparently. They have a lot of great covers, but this is enough for now to give you a sense of their style:

Comment

• I admit that part of the appeal if this group is I find the lead singer enchanting. Her blue eyes and hair, the way she moves, and overall presence is part of the package for me, so she may not hold up as well as some of the others if you are just listening--for me, she is very skilled, but a tiny bit constrained in her range, which puts her just a notch below the best, but there is just something about her that makes the slightly less than perfect performances charming in their own way. Maybe it is just that she really knows how to work the camera--you guys can tell me if I'm being swayed by her overall seductress vibe or if she is legit like I think. They do a lot of covers of stuff from the 80s and 90s, so if you like this one, there are plenty more:

Comment

• I would definitely call her.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Another great cover. She has a voice you don't expect when you first see her.

Wow! Love that voice!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Comment

• HSCC with guest singer Danny Lopresto covering Gary Moore's "Still Got The Blues".

Last edited by madducks; 10-09-2023, 10:54 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow!

Comment

• Metal singers often having surprisingly beautiful voices when they soften things up. I guess that have to have something going on vocally to be able to sound good screaming all of the time.

Comment

• Brittany Murphy is yet another actress who could sing. It's sad we didn't get to hear more from her.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• OMG, Jack Black and these kids absolutely kill it on this birthday party performance of Mr. Crowley!

I just wish the cameraman would have had an unobstructed view.

Jack Black - Vocals
                            Roman Morello - Guitar
                            Roya Feiz - Bass
                            Hugo Weiss - Keyboard
                            Yoyoka - Drums

Last edited by madducks; 10-09-2023, 10:45 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord"

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Paul McCartney's "Silly Love Songs"

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X