No announcement yet.

Is our game growing or in decline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only skipped one of my 10 nephew/nieces christenings to attend my annual auction.

My sister was totally cool with it, and that was almost 20 years ago. It's not like the kid noticed!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

My wife is due with our 3rd on March 24th. My solution? Host this year on April 2nd. She knows how much the day means to me, but I also know that I can't do a total boys weekend away for 48 hours this year, so it's a nice compromise.

Comment

I'm with the "go to the auction" crowd. As it has been said, it is one day a year, and it determines what you will be dealing with for the remainder of the season.

Our date is set a year in advance...actually many years, since it is the Saturday after Opening Day. Everyone in my family knows I will be gone that weekend, as I have been (in my present league) for 16 years. If they want to schedule something then (what the hell is a "sweet 16", anyway?), they do so knowing Uncle Luck will be there in spirit only.

Fortunately, I haven't faced death of an immediate family member on that weekend. Obviously, that would take precedence. But, weddings and garden parties will just have to do without me.

On a related note, I'm sorry we won't get to see B-Fly in Dallas this year. He always adds some class to the joint. Birth of a child, though....that's one of those special circumstances.

Comment

Working...
        X