Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I ought to get in a nsfw pick.

5.12 Donna Summer, Love to Love you Baby

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

And a LOL pick...

6.01 Frank Zappa, Ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

6.02 Paul McCartney - McCartney

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

6.03-Elvis Costello and The Attractions- Armed Forces

Comment

Skipping Swampdragon. I won't be around until tomorrow. I doubt Swampy wants this one.

6.05 Sufjan Stevens - Come On Feel The Illinoise

The original cover before DC comics demanded Superman's removal.

Comment

6.04 - New Order - Power Corruption and Lies

We have seen t-shirts of covers but how about a pair of Doc Martens

Comment

6.06 - Boston - Boston - Wildcard

This was the first album that I bought as a teenager.

Always loved the spaceship!
                Attached Files

Comment

6.07 - Stone Roses - Stone Roses - great album, bad cover

For a band that was so full of themselves, not sure how they ended up with this as their album cover. Why oranges? Why red white and blue stripes? Why the splatter paint as the backdrop?

Comment

chance skipped, revo up
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

6.09 Asia, Asia WC

Comment

Since johnny and Lucky already took my other two framed jazz albums, I have to take my last one now.

6.10 Head Hunters, Herbie Hancock (wc)

Last edited by DMT; 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

skipping sheep. He won't want my picks any way:

6.12 Wild card (Mithin' in Action) Rush, Permanent Waves

7.01 Wild card (What I'm ROCKIN' out to right now) Halestorm, Vicious

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Black Crowes, this is how you do juvenile female crotch humor...

6.11 - Sailin' Shoes, Little Feat (Wildcard)

Stylized psychedelic nonsense, somewhat subtle vulgarity, a phallic snail, Mick Jagger lurking in the background... what's not to love?
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

7.02 - Zuma, Neil Young (Great Album/ Bad Cover)

Wasted rock stars should not allow their band members' dufus buddies to design their album covers. Otherwise, they might end up with something as laughably amateurish as a terrible ballpoint pen scribble of a pointing bird on a flying naked woman getting flipped off by a cactus. Fun fact: Neil Young actually liked this atrocity, and paid the guy $2000 for it. Oy...
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

7.03 Virgin Killer, The Scorpions (worst)

Makes the other cover discussed earlier look tame in comparison.
                                "The inspiration came solely from label RCA Records’ marketing personnel; the band members had nothing to do with it, but early on they did stand behind it and tried to defend its use as being an artistically symbolic representation of the title track’s lyrical theme: that time is the killer of virgin innocence. Not surprisingly, it was soon replaced by a more acceptable alternative cover depicting the band (in a rather ridiculous pose). More recently, some band members, in particular former lead guitarist Uli Roth, have expressed regret over the cover and their original support of it."
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X