No announcement yet.

Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into this, you realize how staggeringly mediocre most album art is. My bad album art list is seemingly endless.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Which makes the pick all the more compelling, amiright?!

I have two others in frames that will be going up on my wall that will likely be picked shortly, but I just couldn't resist. I'll be curious if there's any push back from other drafters.
      It was on my short list. I did not think I would have to worry about it for a few rounds.

Comment

How do you post pics? Do I need to use a Flickr account or something to store them in?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          How do you post pics? Do I need to use a Flickr account or something to store them in?
          Find the image you want to google images: google search, click images tab.

Click desired image to maximize it.

Right-click image and select "open in new tab". You are looking for a page that has the image alone, nothing else.

If it opens a new webpage keep right-clicking on the image until you find the source page. You may have to do this a whole bunch of times. Sometimes it gets blocked, so don't think you are doing something wrong if it doesn't work. Just go back to google, and find another image.

The image source page will have the image and ONLY the image, and a URL that ends in jpg or png (for example https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...albumcover.jpg)

Copy the URL (will usually end in jpg or png)

------

Back to rotojunkie:

Click the "insert image" icon along the top of the Rotojunkie dialogue box (hover over the icons above until you see "insert image")

When the pop up appears click "From URL"

UNCHECK THE "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box

Paste the URL into the space.

Click Ok

If everything is good, you will see the image appear in the dialogue box. Try copy pasting the above link above to see it working.

Last edited by johnnya24; 12-06-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Looking into this, you realize how staggeringly mediocre most album art is. My bad album art list is seemingly endless.
            yeah, this was my thinking too (earlier today when trying to come up with some candidates)
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              yeah, this was my thinking too (earlier today when trying to come up with some candidates)
              I think all my wildcards will be bad album art

Comment

1.02 - Nevermind, Nirvana (Iconic) - Welp, unsurprisingly, Sheep takes my first hopeful pick....

Wildcards will be really fun. I'd planned to go there with unknown or near-unknown LPs with great art, but the bad LP art is sure tempting, too.

But at least I got my second choice...
                Last edited by chancellor; 12-06-2018, 09:27 PM.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It only took 6 picks to take my intended #1.

Great album cover great songs.

Comment

My intended #1 also.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

If I hadn't chosen the White Album I would've taken either DSOTM or Nevermind. Both will be on my wall.

I bought my daughter a t-shirt of DSOTM with Rainbow Dash (my little pony) attached to the end of the rainbow.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I have Johnny's pick.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

1 pick today ... dang. I somehow feel this must be Feral Slasher's fault.

Comment

Check post #23
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Blame Canada.

Oh, wait, I'm the one from Canada in this draft.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                Check post #23
                                Steve Gains the "Soothe Sayer" Achievement.

Comment

Working...
                                X