Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revo, can you change this to the discussion thread? graz
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Steve with the HOMER pick at 1.01!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        Indeed.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

so Otter Creek is still available ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            The draft order was fixed specifically to give Steve the first pick so we could all mock it.

I was planning to take it for my most overrated slot.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              The draft order was fixed specifically to give Steve the first pick so we could all mock it.
              But, I don't care!!!

Comment

I was planning to take it for my most overrated slot.
                Overrated? Ah you mean by Steve

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Still don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    And just about every other "best album art" survey I've ever seen. Love the LP, but I'd consider at least two of their covers to be better than Night At The Opera. But that's me, and looking at other people POVs is what makes these fun.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I assume we can shift picks around to different categories as the draft progresses. Nevermind could end up in Synergistic or LOL, depending on how things go.

I have the full-sized poster of Nevermind framed and hanging in my little synth studio.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

"It's like, how much more [white] could this be, and the answer is none. None more [white]."

~ Nigel Tufnel (paraphrase)

What were the odds of that being the first Beatles cover picked?
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          "It's like, how much more [white] could this be, and the answer is none. None more [white]."

~ Nigel Tufnel (paraphrase)

What were the odds of that being the first Beatles cover picked?
                          Which makes the pick all the more compelling, amiright?!

I have two others in frames that will be going up on my wall that will likely be picked shortly, but I just couldn't resist. I'll be curious if there's any push back from other drafters.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

How do you get them to post so big?
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I'll be curious if there's any push back from other drafters.
                              Don't get us moved to Hot Topics.

I might have picked it for Synergistic. I think the cover made sense for the band at that point in the continuum of their artistic progression. I can see how it might be looked upon as a bit ridiculous removed from that context.

I can't deny that the concept reeks of Yoko. :blecch:

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                How do you get them to post so big?
                                I think it's just a question of finding a large source image. I open the image in my browser to make sure it's the size I want before I link to it. Other than that, just follow Revo's instructions in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X