No announcement yet.

Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the NWA and Bob Marley picks....both are definitely defining band picks!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Fletch?!? Get outta town!

As much as I love the movie, I never thought of the soundtrack (which I find to be, uhhh, underwhelming for the mid-1980s).
      my LOL pick. The music kind of sucks which helps make it funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
        Love the NWA and Bob Marley picks....both are definitely defining band picks!
        Agreed, those were both ones that came to mind when that category was brought up.

Comment

• Wow, I actually had Straight Outta Compton in a frame, but my wife and daughters all hated it so I took it out. Could also fit the synergistic category.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I love the News of the World album and was quite surprised that Steve hadn't grabbed this one yet.

The album cover is pretty creepy with the killer robot.

Comment

I love the News of the World album and was quite surprised that Steve hadn't grabbed this one yet.

You have to admit it would be news if a giant alien robot stalked Queen, lifted them 100 feet up, then flicked them to the ground.

Comment

I love the News of the World album and was quite surprised that Steve hadn't grabbed this one yet.

I already took two Queen covers (which is probably against the "rules"), but I agree this is a good one. News of the World is the first Queen album I heard.
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  I already took two Queen covers (which is probably against the "rules"), but I agree this is a good one. News of the World is the first Queen album I heard.
                  Backroom negotiations removed the "Non-Queen" category at the last moment.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Good to see some momentum over the weekend.

I was just about to award sheep the cringeworthy award for his weekend pick, but then I realized that isn't even the category he's putting it in.

I'd like to think I have a pick that can compete for cringeworthiness ... we'll see ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Unsure of availability over Xmas. Just "post"ed out my past 3 picks.

GG all. Fun draft.

Comment

• Since this is in the can, here are a few I thought would be suitable. I am not sure which were taken but Grateful Dead's Aoxomoxoa would have been my first choice.

In retrospect, some suggested categories.
                        First Album
                        Soundtrack
                        Self-titled
                        Hitless wonder
                        During performance

Without further ado

Cruxshadows - Aethernet
                        Blondie - AutoAmerican
                        Chicago - Greatest Hits
                        Van Halen - 1984
                        Bruce - Born in the USA
                        Clapton - Slowhand
                        Supertramp - Breakfast in America
                        Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
                        Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
                        Blind Faith
                        The Clash - London Calling
                        Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
                        ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
                        Steppinwolf - Hey Lawdy Mama

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Since this is in the can, here are a few I thought would be suitable. I am not sure which were taken but Grateful Dead's Aoxomoxoa would have been my first choice.

In retrospect, some suggested categories.
                          First Album
                          Soundtrack
                          Self-titled
                          Hitless wonder
                          During performance

Without further ado

Cruxshadows - Aethernet
                          Blondie - AutoAmerican
                          Chicago - Greatest Hits
                          Van Halen - 1984
                          Bruce - Born in the USA
                          Clapton - Slowhand
                          Supertramp - Breakfast in America
                          Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
                          Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
                          Blind Faith
                          The Clash - London Calling
                          Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
                          ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
                          Steppinwolf - Hey Lawdy Mama

J
                          Aoxomoxoa is going up on my wall and I was going to take it later.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'm amazed how many books have been made about album covers. Amazon sends me frequent updates now.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Is the draft kaput?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Is the draft kaput?
                                It appears so. I guess folks can post their remaining picks whenever.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X