Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    CCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP! !!

You suck Lucky!
    You knew he wasn't going to let a Clapton LP go too long, right?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      You knew he wasn't going to let a Clapton LP go too long, right?
      You got the best one so I figured this should come back around.

I didn't want to lose that 10CC pick as it is one of my favorite covers. I am not in Love with the music (see what I did here). I would never own it based on the music. It was literally my perfect pick for that category.

If I had to choose my favorite rock song it would be Layla, but this is not a music draft. Perfect storm.

Comment

• Here's a quick primer on posting pics:

If You're Finding a Pic Online
        Insert Image/From URL >>>> add in URL, make sure "Retrieve Remote File" is NOT checked

If You Have a Pic on Your PC
        Insert Image/From Computer >>>>> Choose File

Comment

• I’m waiting too see what category Johnny puts his last pick in. I didn’t notice “drowning British losers” as a category.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I’m waiting too see what category Johnny puts his last pick in. I didn’t notice “drowning British losers” as a category.
            American losers I'll have you know. Isn't there a category that has something to do with the band being pictured.

Comment

• Tip if you're finding it hard to find and include images:

Youtube search for your record, and include the embed link to the Youtube video ... which will usually have the album cover as the background image

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                American losers I'll have you know. Isn't there a category that has something to do with the band being pictured.
                Yuppers.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay....went with Green Day - Dookie for my Synergistic pick......not that the album is well...Dookie.....it's the chaos of the album cover and the great chaos of the music on the album....in a good way, of course!

Comment

• Sabbath...another one on my list bites the dust.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Two more nice Synergistic picks with Green Day and Black Sabbath. That's our best category so far, IMO.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Chance timed out, Revo up
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Gotta admit, I'm not well-versed on album art in general so I'm glad my picks have been received favorably. There have already been quite a few that I've never seen as well as some that I didn't realize were highly regarded (including 1.01!). After a while I'll probably just start posting cool-looking metal album covers since that's what I'm most familiar with. I feel like I just have to include another NSFW as one of my wildcards - and not in the sexy way this time

Comment

• Love the Velvet Underground pick with the Andy Warhol banana.....almost did that one last time!

And the Springsteen pic....but wouldn't that be Defining Artist ASS?

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                              And the Springsteen pic....but wouldn't that be Defining Artist ASS?
                              I'm pretty sure revo is saying Springsteen is an ass. Bold!
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• I figured Velvet Underground and Born in the USA would go earlier, nice picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X