Tankless Water Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless Water Heaters

Anyone have any experience with these. It seems I will be replacing the water heater in the next couple days. We were considering doing tankless in a couple years, but may end up doing it sooner than later.

Aaargh, im trying to payoff stuff, not add debt!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Yup, and it works great. Seems like a touch longer warm up cycle, but consistent temperature water, regardless of all of what is running. Plumbing was easy. Definitely saves money on monthly gas bills, and some local incentives mean it should pay off in a reasonable amount of time.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Yup, and it works great. Seems like a touch longer warm up cycle, but consistent temperature water, regardless of all of what is running. Plumbing was easy. Definitely saves money on monthly gas bills, and some local incentives mean it should pay off in a reasonable amount of time.
      interesting - it's been 15 years since I looked into them; did you go with electric or gas? and did you install one for the house or multiple for different areas/zones (I remember talking to a plumber saying that there's huge benefit when they're physically close to the taps but not so much if the hot water still has to travel a fair distance).
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

:following:

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Anyone have any experience with these. It seems I will be replacing the water heater in the next couple days. We were considering doing tankless in a couple years, but may end up doing it sooner than later. Aaargh, im trying to payoff stuff, not add debt!

Gas or electric? We decided against getting a gas unit because it would require extensive new flue work. Of course our house is over 125 years old which has something to do with it.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

We discussed with a friend who has been to our place and works in the plumbing industry. He didnt think in our case it was worth it. So we are getting a replacement 40 gallon tank (gas) 6 year warranty tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to us!

LOL
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              :following:
              Darn, I was too! This thread had potential.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                interesting - it's been 15 years since I looked into them; did you go with electric or gas? and did you install one for the house or multiple for different areas/zones (I remember talking to a plumber saying that there's huge benefit when they're physically close to the taps but not so much if the hot water still has to travel a fair distance).
                Gas, and one. Other than the slightly longer warm up time, I haven’t noticed any issues. Unlike OneJ, we had the infrastructure in place for nat gas, and our electric prices are a bit on the high side.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Most of Europe and Japan goes with these, I'm thinking about it as well to replace 2 60 gallon waterheaters I have, and have also heard that the closer to the actual output (ie put them in the kitchen or bathroom if you can) the better
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    Anyone have any experience with these. It seems I will be replacing the water heater in the next couple days. We were considering doing tankless in a couple years, but may end up doing it sooner than later.

Aaargh, im trying to payoff stuff, not add debt!
                    I am tankful any time I have hot water. (pun intended)

It is a tankless job but someone has to do it.

Comment

I am sad to see that Gregg beat me to the tankless pun. What a gas!
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I am sad to see that Gregg beat me to the tankless pun. What a gas!
                        Ooo...that is a hot one!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Ooo...that is a hot one!
                          Pipe down!
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Pipe down!
                            If you continue to throw cold water on me I will turn up the heat!

Comment

Back in the day, there would have been a parody thread entitled: Thankless Otter Beaters
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                              X