Do you visit your old High School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you visit your old High School?

Some of the answers to the visit college thread made me think of this.

I do not visit my old High School . I did a few times during my college years.

I did pay a visit in my early 40"s to have a "chat" with a young man. He gave my Mother a veiled threat when she worked there.

I do visit my hometown about once or twice a year but High School has nothing to do with it. I thought HS was a great experience with some really good memories. Just nothing to go back to. I do not get the same warm fuzzies as visiting my college.

Nope. Have a couple handfuls of friends from high school that I'm still tight with, but I haven't even bothered with any reunions.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Fuck no.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Fuck no.
        +1 ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

As I mentioned in the other thread, yes, a lot more often than I visit my college. That's because I moved back to the town where I grew up, worked for the school district where I went to high school, and send my kids to that district. When I worked for the school district (as COO, overseeing budget/finance, payroll/payables, facilities, food, transportation, technology, security, compliance), I was in the high school at least once a week for one reason or another. Since I stopped working for the school district, I basically go to see the annual musical and to one or two football games every year.

Comment

I've gone to my high school a couple times recently, mostly for either "College and Career Days" where I told graduating seniors to dump their high school girlfriends before going to college or to see my nephew play baseball.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I told graduating seniors to dump their high school girlfriends before going to college or to see my nephew play baseball.
              I bet most of them chose to watch your nephew play ball rather than dump their girlfriends.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I did pay a visit in my early 40"s to have a "chat" with a young man. He gave my Mother a veiled threat when she worked there.
                Wait, the school allowed you to come in and talk to a student about a personal matter?

Comment

Went back a couple of times when my daughters had their dance recital there. Other than that, no reason to go.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Fuck no.
                    +2...
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wait, the school allowed you to come in and talk to a student about a personal matter?
                      The school liked me. I went there to surprise my Mom. They helped me find her. They were very happy that I would drive all the way up from Chicago for a visit. I talked with so many people I doubt they even gave it a second thought...oh and parking outside my mom's house and the veiled threats stopped immediately. Imagine that.

Comment

I went back to Arkansas this weekend for a funeral, the father of my best friend from High School. The trip took my by the old school, which has long been closed and is falling into ruins. A little sad.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I haven't been inside my old HS since I graduated in '87. I'm sure most of my teachers are either retired or dead. So what would be the point?

Comment

Yes as my 2 youngest are now attending the same school. My son had 2 of my teachers, but I was only able to meet one of them. It was very weird as she remembered me even though that was back in 1985-86. My son had her in his senior year in 2016. My son also had a culinary class that was taught by one of my good friends in high school. They spent many days talking about me. My youngest has only 1 teacher so far that I had and it's the the other one my son had. Gotta try and make sure I get a conference with her this time.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I haven't been inside my old HS since I graduated in '87. I'm sure most of my teachers are either retired or dead. So what would be the point?
                              The building I attended grade school in burned down in 1976 (I was a sophmore). They tore down the building I went to HS in to build a parking lot. I go back once in a while for a football game.

We just recently had our 40 year reunion (different location) and invited some of our favorite teachers. Several made it and are still in good health.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                              X