Best things you spend money on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best things you spend money on?

I enjoyed Sour's idea for a post so much I decided to copy him.

I really enjoy my weekend or 3 day trips with my wife.One of my favorite things to do. Money well spent.

Records
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Church and other charitable group contributions.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Like Greg, I think that the trips I take with my wife when we can convince grandparents to take the kids is the best thing we spend money on. I also feel good about our charitable contributions, like chancellor noted. I don't feel quite as good about how high our annual synagogue dues are, though.

Comment

Anything that makes my little kids happy, whether it is apple picking, pumpkin farms, trips, toys etc. We had kids late, and by the time we did, I guess I was sort of over doing a lot of stuff like that. Having young ones lets you see the world through new eyes. They enjoy stuff with such intensity it makes it more fun for me.

Comment

travel and wine and gin and non-US tonic water and new computers so we can play super cool games
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Grandkids

Comment

Had to replace a car this month and got a 2002 bmw 325i convertible for $3200. I have never had a car with a good engine before, what a joy hitting the highway in that thing.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Records
                  Me too
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

My best purchases over the years have been relatively innocuous -- and cheap -- things.

- Bought a second hand office chair when I was a student ... helped solve some lower back strain I was suffering from.
                    - Anti-allergenic pillow ... for years would wake up with a mild sore throat because of some kind of dust /particle / microbe allergy ... this solved that instantly
                    - SSD ... epic (and cheap) upgrade from running Windows on a HDD.

Stuff like that ...

In general though:

Concert tickets and travel

... with the two often connected ... going to a live concert as an excuse for a short trip.

Comment

I like to read books and sometimes even like to spend money on them. I don't travel as much as I would like but never have regretted money spent on traveling, whether close to home or far away.

Boring, I know, but...

House payment? I like having a house, especially for the children.

Taxes? I like having a generally lawfully functioning and safe society.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I like to read books and sometimes even like to spend money on them. I don't travel as much as I would like but never have regretted money spent on traveling, whether close to home or far away.

Boring, I know, but...

House payment? I like having a house, especially for the children.

Taxes? I like having a generally lawfully functioning and safe society.
                        Look at Seitzer, being all adulty and stuff.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          Look at Seitzer, being all adulty and stuff.
                          Yeah, I'm fully expecting that post to be followed by Mr Fast's announcement he is running for political office .

Comment

My monthly RJ dues. I can't believe how much they went down while I was gone.
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                              My monthly RJ dues. I can't believe how much they went down while I was gone.
                              Our insurance went down after the otters moved out.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X