Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's ass do I have to kick to get a drink around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Wait...

you're back?
    The reports of my death were greatly exaggerated. (You have ANY idea how hard is to spell exaggerated after a few margaritas? DAMNATION!)
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Yum. Can I have one of those? And who’s the furry guy that’s stealing your Margaritas?
      Last edited by Steve 2.0; 11-08-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

2 Kings 2:23-24

23From there, Elisha went up to Bethel, and as he was walking up the road, a group of young men came out of the city and jeered at him, chanting, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” 24Then he turned around, looked at them, and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Suddenly two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the young men.…

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
          You know, seriously, this place seems a lot quieter than it used to be.
          A lot of people took up sewing, and we have a whole new forum for topics about buttons.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Margaritas are WAY better than that. You keep drinking that and it’ll stunt your growth.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I missed this thread, but if there is a Steve and an Otter, then count me in. they both have a lifetime membership here that even they are powerless to relinquish.........
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I missed this thread, but if there is a Steve and an Otter, then count me in. they both have a lifetime membership here that even they are powerless to relinquish.........
                Hey, Judge! Welcome back!!!

Comment

I have some recipes that may be useful in the coming weeks. Be warned, these make punch bowl amounts.

Better than Baileys Irish Cream

1 quart whipping cream
                  2 cans sweetened condensed milk
                  1/4 cup chocolate syrup
                  2 tsp instant coffee
                  1 Tbsp vanilla extract
                  1 tsp almond extract
                  1 fifth of 80 or 100 proof

You can do a lot of playing with the extracts. One of my favorites is anise. The recipe is easy to cut in half. Use 1 1/2 cups of liquor. Don't overdo the booze because the dairy will curdle.

Spiked Dairy Nog

1/2 gallon dairy eggnog
                  1 cup whiskey
                  2 shots each dark rum and brandy
                  1 Tbsp fresh grated nutmeg
                  2 shots espresso

Don't use the good stuff in nog, since the dairy will kill any complexity. Keep to darker varieties.

Coffee Maker Cider

1/2 gallon cider
                  1/4 cup brown sugar
                  1 medium orange
                  1 tsp whole cloves
                  1/2 tsp whole allspice
                  1 stick cinnamon
                  pinch nutmeg

About half an hour before needed, fill your coffee maker with cider.
                  Pour the leftover into a crockpot set on low.
                  Wash the orange with water and remove a large piece of zest with a vegetable peeler.
                  Put the peel and remaining ingredients into a filter lined basket. Cycle the maker.
                  Pour into the crockpot.
                  Peel and slice the orange. Float the slices and an additional stick or two of cinnamon.
                  Spike as desired.

This is extremely sweet. It needs the booze for balance. A bottle of cheap wine is a nice addition. Just pour it in early enough to get heated. Cranberry juice is another favorite.

If you do not immediately run water through your coffee maker, you will regret it.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

This place is starting to bore me again.

Somebody say something funny or interesting or something that I can make fun of.
                    Last edited by Steve 2.0; 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I miss the Anti-Jordan
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I miss the Anti-Jordan
                        Don't we all?

Comment

Bumbershoot. Here is a fun word that most people know. This is referring to an umbrella and is something we have heard in many a Disney film or in many different books. It is quite fun to grab your umbrella and say in a fun voice, “I think I need my bumbershoot today!”

so from now on everyone has to refer to umbrellas as bumbershoots. in real life. you'll say don't forget to bring you're bumbershoot it's going to rain today. and when they go huh? change the subject. together we can rename the english language one word at a time.

Last edited by ; 11-13-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            Bumbershoot. Here is a fun word that most people know. This is referring to an umbrella and is something we have heard in many a Disney film or in many different books. It is quite fun to grab your umbrella and say in a fun voice, “I think I need my bumbershoot today!”

so from now on everyone has to refer to umbrellas as bumbershoots. in real life. you'll say don't forget to bring you're bumbershoot it's going to rain today. and when they go huh? change the subject. together we can rename the english language one word at a time.

I never carry an umbrella.

Comment

I never carry a bumbershoot.
                              fixxed

Comment

fixed
                                fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X