Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    good to hear!

all RJ homeowners - call your insurance agent this week and make SURE you are properly covered as well. you owe it to your families......
    Correct. I would also suggest yo send your family all pertinent id and pw of sites that hold your funds whether its your 401k or even paypal. Finally make an emergency plan of action so ch as a place to meet in case your phones go out or cant make it home.

Do it today.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Holy crap..

Glad all safe, Hammer. Stay strong.

Comment

Damnit! Too much "real life" in here. So sorry to hear this, Pete. Glad you are all safe. You can replace "stuff" but people not so much.

Comment

we have a plan, make sure we've got the kids, the dog, one "umbrella folder" of documents, and one external hard drive.
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            Damnit! Too much "real life" in here. So sorry to hear this, Pete. Glad you are all safe. You can replace "stuff" but people not so much.
            thank you brother. You are so right and its amazing what your mind focuses on after something like this. I can run on 4 hours sleep these days (never could function with less than 6).
            Biggest problem for me these days is stopping my mind to pray and breathe as I am very task oriented by nature and want to keep checking the checklist. God is definitely trying to teach me patience in this. So many lessons being learned at the young age of 48.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              we have a plan, make sure we've got the kids, the dog, one "umbrella folder" of documents, and one external hard drive.
              I'm curious, why isn't the data on the external hard drive encrypted and stored on a couple cloud providers (for redundancy)?

(and before you answer, I understand privacy/security concerns, but if you have it encrypted in reality having it stored in your home on a drive is more at risk than properly encrypted on a cloud location).

Comment

I'm sure that there are some videos on there that have required assurances that there is only one version ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I'm curious, why isn't the data on the external hard drive encrypted and stored on a couple cloud providers (for redundancy)?

(and before you answer, I understand privacy/security concerns, but if you have it encrypted in reality having it stored in your home on a drive is more at risk than properly encrypted on a cloud location).
                  encrypted drive, encrypted in the cloud, the drive is just our personal physical copy (and actually the drive that we backup to the cloud from)
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    encrypted drive, encrypted in the cloud, the drive is just our personal physical copy (and actually the drive that we backup to the cloud from)
                    Seems like you are fully prepared. In that case, leave the drive and get out faster.

Comment

Seems like you are fully prepared. In that case, leave the drive and get out faster.
                      drive is right next to the umbrella folder of physical docs like birth certificates and passports

Comment

My aunt was in a job interview once and they asked the question, "Your in a burning library and you only have time to save one book, what book do you save?" her answer... "The one closest to the door..."
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

My prayers continue to go out to you, my friend. I'm so happy that everyone is okay. Certainly let us know if you need anything at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X