2018 - 2019 Fall/Winter Bowling Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 - 2019 Fall/Winter Bowling Season

So my team decided to switch houses and we are bowling in a league that they all have bowled in before. Handicap is 90% of 230, I believe. There is one guy in the league that averaged over 240 in that house last year.

I did not break a 600 on the first night as I was trying to figure out some things since I had never bowled there before. Got lined up by end of game 1 and shot a 594. The last 2 games were both over 200. If the shot is consistent from lane to lane, then I imagine I should score well in this house as the lanes are VERY forgiving.

Maybe, just maybe I get my 2nd 300 this year. That would be fun. So would an 800 series - still havent had that one yet.

Good luck to any other bowlers out there this season.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

I have decided to skip bowling for now. i just don't want to commit to a 33 week season. I told the guys in the league to let me know come November if they need anyone as I would be more willing to bowl a shorter time frame.

You're exactly in my boat when it comes to 300-800. i have one 300 game and never had an 800 series. The lack of an 800 series has always pissed me off to no end. You would think that over the course of 30 years of bowling I would have one JUST ONE fucking week where everything went my way. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... not once.

FUCK.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I have one 300 and an 811 series. They were years apart.

We have our Captains meeting this Wednesday and start our league the following week.

Mith would you consider subbing? Might be a good compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I have one 300 and an 811 series. They were years apart.

We have our Captains meeting this Wednesday and start our league the following week.

Mith would you consider subbing? Might be a good compromise.
        The League doesn't have subs.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          The League doesn't have subs.
          Couldn't you have extra players on your team. We are a 4 man team league - our team has 6 members and we rotate in - so you don't bowl ever week. We start next week.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Couldn't you have extra players on your team. We are a 4 man team league - our team has 6 members and we rotate in - so you don't bowl ever week. We start next week.
            Nope. League has 4 man teams . Every one bowls every week.

Comment

Nope. League has 4 man teams . Every one bowls every week.
              They have to be only 4 ? That seems harsh what happens if a Library meeting comes up on a bowling night��

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                They have to be only 4 ? That seems harsh what happens if a Library meeting comes up on a bowling night��
                That happens in my golf league dammit!!

As for the bowling league, if you can't make it you can either roll-off the 3 games or just miss . If you miss you get 10% taken off of your average for your 3 games.

Comment

That happens in my golf league dammit!!

As for the bowling league, if you can't make it you can either roll-off the 3 games or just miss . If you miss you get 10% taken off of your average for your 3 games.
                  I still find it kind of hard to believe they just won’t let you have more then 4 on a team and rotate? Anyone try to change this? Next thing you are going to tell me is you don’t have drive ins to buy beer or can’t buy beer in grocery stores!

Comment

Working...
                  X