DOL Fiduciary Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOL Fiduciary Rule

This pile of dreck initiated by the Obama era DOL is DOA.........

Finally.

Not sure where you all sit, but as a Compliance guy Im glad its dead. This was a total nightmare!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

As we've discussed before, as a compliance guy, I'm sure you're sure it is!

As a fiduciary advisor, I'm torn. I was a fiduciary before and am still a fiduciary. I thought it may give me a leg up, but in thinking about it, why would I want everyone else to be a fiduciary?

Still, when you think about it -- wouldn't you want your financial advisor to put his or her clients first? Seems silly.....

Comment

A good financial advisor will do it out of course, rather than to meet some type of regulation.

From a compliance perspective the documentation that was being created in order to fulfill this thing was endless.

There are always going to be bad actors in the industry and the firms and regulating bodies are usually pretty good about treating them appropriately.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
      X