Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric cars- anyone buy one?

I am curious to know your experience with it. Pros and cons

Can you just plug in and charge up anywhere?
    How much has your electric bill gone up?

Thanks in advance
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

My boss has a hybrid. He said the battery life will be the issue. When the time comes the replacement batteries will cost more than the car will be worth. I think he said 7 years. He will be selling/trading it before he has to deal with it.

Comment

This review is interesting: link

Among a lot of details about the car, it has this: "Chevrolet is also offering leases on the Volt for $350 per month for 36 months with $2,500 due at signing." That should limit your downside, which is what I'd be worried about with the Volt.

The article also has this interesting quote from Motor Trend:
      "That leaves us with the elephant in the room: price. The $41,000 tab is probably $10K more than the car merits, and doesn’t include installation of the 240-volt charger needed to reduce the recharge time from 11 to 4 hours. Uncle Sam forks over $7500 of that, and several states will bridge the rest of the gap."--Motor Trend
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
      X