Official Sexual Harrassment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Very kind of you to say Bernie. I appreciate the sentiments. I don't always agree with you, but I respect your perspective and the manner in which you express yourself. I am a fan of legit dialogue with people sincerely interested in discussion with folks that don't see things just like they do, so I'm glad we have different perspectives on here. I also recognize that there are more left-leaning folks on here than right-leaning, so that makes things tougher for you and others on the right, and I admire you sticking around and engaging.
    fuck both of you... why don't you get a room together you bunch of pussies.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Latest Accused: George Takei
      Latest Accuser: Hope Solo

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Who pissed in your cheerios? Top notch contribution to the conversation there. No misplaced anger happening in this comment at all.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-11-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Who pissed in your cheerios? Top notch contribution to the conversation there. No misplaced anger happening in this comment at all.
          Sorry, I actually liked the civil discourse so much I had to go and ruin it.

I appreciate what you both are saying.

I also find being inappropriate funny, but I trade on people's recognition of me a bit too much when making jokes I can't believe anyone would take seriously.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I also find being inappropriate funny, but I trade on people's recognition of me a bit too much when making jokes I can't believe anyone would take seriously.
            Inappropriate is my sense of humor as well. Oh, that and poop jokes. (Insert poop emoji here) Btw, lest we lose track of your initial response, how do you know we didn’t get a room?
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yeah, in that context it is pretty damn funny, just the sort of thing I do with my friends, but I guess I don't know you well enough to have assumed that was the case. While I almost always agree with what you post, the last time I remember you responding directly to one of my posts, you had no problem assuming and calling me out, because you thought my criticism of Yasiel Puig was racially motivated. So, I figured, here is someone whose passions on issues of injustice run high, and so someone who may be annoyed a couple of guys are patting each other on the back during a discussion when passions should be running deeper, and focus should be on how screwed up all this, not on politeness.

Edit: I see Bernie responded less defensively than me, and now I feel like a snowflake . I guess I still stung from the Puig deal awhile back...clouded me to what was obviously a joke here.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-11-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Did you just make the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Did you just make the list?
                  Latest Accused: Heyelander

Latest Accuser(s): Bernie Brewer and Soul Masher.

We were both triggered by virtual hostile accusations with sexual innuendo. And, snow flakes.

Butt, all is forgiven. We good. And, Heyelander, the room sleeps three. Triple decker Bunk beds.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Latest Accused: George Takei
                    Latest Accuser: Hope Solo
                    I was initially confused in that I was pretty sure that George wouldn't be targeting Hope
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post

Butt, all is forgiven. We good. And, Heyelander, the room sleeps three. Triple decker Bunk beds.
                      Haha, you said Butt.

Comment

This is sort of a non sequitur, but does anyone know if there are any female posters at RJ? I realize that roto is very male dominated, and this topic made me think of how narrow our demographic probably is here. And then it got me thinking about how male dominated message boards in general probably are. I don't really post on other forums, but ones I've read seem to be all guys. Is this sort of activity--engaging with strangers online, not friends and family on social media, on all sort of issues almost almost exclusively a guy thing? I wonder if that is related to fear of harassment. I know women often hide there gender when gaming to avoid that sort of thing, so maybe they hide their gender on message boards too? Or maybe women openly use all sorts of message boards, just not ones I go to?
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-11-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

This is sort of a non sequitur, but does anyone know if there are any female posters at RJ? I realize that roto is very male dominated, and this topic made me think of how narrow our demographic probably is here. And then it got me thinking about how male dominated message boards in general probably are. I don't really post on other forums, but ones I've read seem to be all guys. Is this sort of activity--engaging with strangers online, not friends and family on social media, on all sort of issues almost almost exclusively a guy thing? I wonder if that is related to fear of harassment. I know women often hide there gender when gaming to avoid that sort of thing, so maybe they hide their gender on message boards too? Or maybe women openly use all sorts of message boards, just not ones I go to?
                          I am a female. Librarian and all that....
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I am a female. Librarian and all that....
                            I don't know if you are screwing with me right now. I knew you were a librarian, but assumed you were a guy. I guess my gender biases are revealed, because I guess I assumed someone who was a much as a braggart as you was a guy (yes, yes, it is very important to mention you've won 4 of your last 6 titles when posting for keeper advice ; on that note, I'm guessing your league wished you stayed retired last year, to give someone else a chance to win for a change).

Comment

I don't know if you are screwing with me right now. I knew you were a librarian, but assumed you were a guy. I guess my gender biases are revealed, because I guess I assumed someone who was a much as a braggart as you was a guy (yes, yes, it is very important to mention you've won 4 of your last 6 titles when posting for keeper advice ; on that note, I'm guessing your league wished you stayed retired last year, to give someone else a chance to win for a change).
                              An RJ poster from years ago thought that i was a female because i was a librarian. I m a guy.

I post that i won my league as a friendly dig at Mag 7 and Madducks who are in my league. Am i the only one who brags about winning???
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                An RJ poster from years ago thought that i was a female because i was a librarian. I m a guy.

I post that i won my league as a friendly dig at Mag 7 and Madducks who are in my league. Am i the only one who brags about winning???
                                I brag to one or two league mates about my titles when i want to piss them off. I don't tend to do it to non-league mates often (cuz I doubt anyone else cares one way or the other), But if I had a couple of guys from my league reading my posts on here, I might try to get their goat too.

Comment

Working...
                                X