Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voting with absentee ballot..Unfucking believable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting with absentee ballot..Unfucking believable!

An article on absentee ballots involving my town and the old clown of a Mayor.

A line from the article: "The county for years has allowed voters older than 65 to vote absentee even though that is not a legally acceptable reason, Lechman said."

So the County officials have allowed those over 65 years of age to vote by absentee ballot...yet IT IS ILLEGAL!! Then why have the fucking law at all??

So fucking ridiculous. The government doesn't even follow its' own law!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

wait - so there is voter fraud??
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      wait - so there is voter fraud??
      Admitted voter fraud!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Then off to jail - with them...
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

warning: ageist humour ahead ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Admitted voter fraud!!
            Fraud, as in people misrepresenting their identity in order to cast a ballot for someone else or to cast multiple ballots?

Or fraud, as in someone casting an absentee ballot instead of physically going to the polling place on election day, even when the law said they should physically go to the polling place?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Fraud, as in people misrepresenting their identity in order to cast a ballot for someone else or to cast multiple ballots?

Or fraud, as in someone casting an absentee ballot instead of physically going to the polling place on election day, even when the law said they should physically go to the polling place?
              Not related but......
              Dozens of absentee ballots were cast from St. Francis nursing home in Delaware County in May's primary. But did those seniors actually vote?

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                Bizarre story. How does Brown lose the Democratic primary and then go on to face Thomas in the general election as a Republican? Because she got write-in votes in the GOP primary? That sounds fishy. And it said she sounded certain the absentee ballots would ensure her victory. Again, fishy. And it listed an example or two of extreme behaviour on her part to make a political point. I think she might be the first suspect in this voter fraud case.

But mith's story...right now it seems like just a 'voter irregularity' situation instead of a 'voter fraud' case. There is not, so far, anything to suggest a fraud. Sort of like the story of people being registered in two states at one time (which includes almost every registered voter who has ever moved to another state). There is nothing fraudulent unless the person votes in two states. The same can be said about a person who moves from one county to another. Unless that state has a statewide system for purging county-by-county, the possibility exists for multiple votes.

Or what happens if people who plead guilty to felonies in other states then race back to vote in their historically blue home states before their convictions get into the NCIC database? If that happened three or four million times and all those felon votes went for Democrats (naturally), it could swing some elections.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  There is nothing fraudulent unless the person votes in two states. The same can be said about a person who moves from one county to another. Unless that state has a statewide system for purging county-by-county, the possibility exists for multiple votes.
                  This American Life did a piece on Double Voting this week... some interesting analysis and stats involved...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                    Bizarre story. How does Brown lose the Democratic primary and then go on to face Thomas in the general election as a Republican? Because she got write-in votes in the GOP primary? That sounds fishy. And it said she sounded certain the absentee ballots would ensure her victory. Again, fishy. And it listed an example or two of extreme behaviour on her part to make a political point. I think she might be the first suspect in this voter fraud case.

But mith's story...right now it seems like just a 'voter irregularity' situation instead of a 'voter fraud' case. There is not, so far, anything to suggest a fraud. Sort of like the story of people being registered in two states at one time (which includes almost every registered voter who has ever moved to another state). There is nothing fraudulent unless the person votes in two states. The same can be said about a person who moves from one county to another. Unless that state has a statewide system for purging county-by-county, the possibility exists for multiple votes.

Or what happens if people who plead guilty to felonies in other states then race back to vote in their historically blue home states before their convictions get into the NCIC database? If that happened three or four million times and all those felon votes went for Democrats (naturally), it could swing some elections.
                    Not fraud so much as incompetence? Why are officials not following the voting rules?

Comment

I agree its not fraud...... However it is against the rules and if someone pushed could it be grounds for nullification?

Seriously - we have rules in place for reasons. If we dont like the rules, then get them fixed - dont just ignore them.

Comment

I agree its not fraud...... However it is against the rules and if someone pushed could it be grounds for nullification?

Seriously - we have rules in place for reasons. If we dont like the rules, then get them fixed - dont just ignore them.
                        I agree that they should fix it, but I'm wondering what the reasons are... My guess is that at some point in the past, absentee ballots were a pain in the ass, so they were discouraged.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

i agree its not fraud...... However it is against the rules and if someone pushed could it be grounds for nullification?

amen!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

Quit posting, it's been like, what, 4 days since you last won a World Series? What have you done for me lately?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              This American Life did a piece on Double Voting this week... some interesting analysis and stats involved...

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/rad...now?act=1#play
                              That was a very interesting article. I had never heard of this before. I think Trump's voter fraud panel may have attempted to use the preliminay number in a report at some point.

“It is a big problem,” Kobach declared. “People double vote all the time.”
                              Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 11-03-2017, 01:38 PM.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                              X