Robert "Tractor" Traylor, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert "Tractor" Traylor, RIP

Former NBA player Robert "Tractor" Traylor was found dead Wednesday in his beach apartment in Puerto Rico, his team said.

Traylor, who had been playing in Puerto Rico for Vaqueros de Bayamon, had been missing for three days before friends went to visit him and found his body. A cause of death has yet to be determined.

Traylor was not active for Vaqueros, as he was rehabbing a heel injury. He underwent a surgical procedure on his heart in 2005.

Traylor, 34, was a McDonald's All-American and played college basketball at Michigan. He was drafted No. 6 overall in the 1998 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks, who traded him to Milwaukee for the Bucks' two first-round picks, Dirk Nowitzki and Pat Garrity.

In seven seasons with the Bucks, Cavaliers and Hornets, he averaged 4.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 438 career games.
    Robert Traylor, the former NBA and University of Michigan big man nicknamed "Tractor" because of his hulking frame, has died. He was 34.

Drafted by the Mavericks is only technically correct. The pick was traded for two later picks. At the time I was very upset that they did not take Paul Pierce. PP has one ring and Dirk none, yet. However that is still a close call.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Drafted by the Mavericks is only technically correct. The pick was traded for two later picks. At the time I was very upset that they did not take Paul Pierce. PP has one ring and Dirk none, yet. However that is still a close call.

J
      We were discussing this at the office. The Celtics apparently really wanted Dirk and would have taken him if he were available. Pierce was their second choice. Rings aside, it's hard to argue with either one.

As for that trade, The Mavs only drafted Traylor cause the Bucks had to have him and offered up the 9th pick (Dirk's draft spot) as well as the 19th pick (Garrity). Garrity was then traded for Steve Nash. So in one day Don Nelson turned the 6th overall pick into Dirk and Steve Nash. Not a bad days work.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ugh...it's so painful to consider the stupidity of the Bucks.

RIP Traylor.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X