X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it is your first trip here, I’d try:

Downtown
    - Freedom Tower/WTC memorial/new PATH station
    - Battery Park/Statue of Liberty/People watch at WFC outdoor area/Trinity Church/NYSE/get lunch at Wo Hop

Midtown
    - Empire State Building/UN/Central Park/Times Square/The Deuce
    - bryant Park/Flatiron Bldg/High Line/MSG/get pizza at Pizza Suprema on 32nd & 8th

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      get pizza at Pizza Suprema on 32nd & 8th
      I got pizza everywhere when I went but the nicest place I went for pizza was at Juliana's.

Looked at my pics and I had forgotten that we went to a Yankees/Red Sox game while there. We went to way too many museums, got sick of them after a while and my feet hated me for it. I'd recommend only going to the musuem of natural history. Maybe go to a different museum each time you go back.

Never got to the high line, it was the last thing I wanted to do on my list but we ran out of time.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I got pizza everywhere when I went but the nicest place I went for pizza was at Juliana's.

Looked at my pics and I had forgotten that we went to a Yankees/Red Sox game while there. We went to way too many museums, got sick of them after a while and my feet hated me for it. I'd recommend only going to the musuem of natural history. Maybe go to a different museum each time you go back.

Never got to the high line, it was the last thing I wanted to do on my list but we ran out of time.
        I loved the Museum of Natural History as a kid, but when I went there last (maybe early 00s?), it felt like nothing had changed since the 1970s. So I can’t recommend it. Maybe the Intrepid? One of the Space Shuttles is also there now.

Comment

I found it interesting when I went for a stroll early on a Sunday am, turned a corner & without realizing it found myself in front of Trump Tower - very surreal as you go from relatively quiet streets (by NYC standards) into a maelstrom of cops, heavily armed gestapo type cops, media doing news bits in different languages, and protesters ... and I was told it was just a normal day ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I loved the Museum of Natural History as a kid, but when I went there last (maybe early 00s?), it felt like nothing had changed since the 1970s. So I can’t recommend it. Maybe the Intrepid? One of the Space Shuttles is also there now.
            Intrepid is a good one. A lot of cool stuff there.

Natural History - I went recently. I hadn't been in years, so I couldn't remember if it was dated like you say. I thought it was pretty good. My young kids went nuts there and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Where would you like staying in chicago? there is a huge range of scenes at NYC hotels - many of them have tiny room with cool lobbies or tiny lobbies with bigger rooms

like this is a groovy place (check out room size - WOW - http://www.nycparamount.com/rooms-an...oadway-classic) - but I prefer the older brother - the Royalton
              Since we live only an hour away from Chicago, we rarely have stayed downtown. When we have it has been for business (they set it up) or the occasional weekend. Weekends in Chicago can be as much as 50% off. These have been in the $120.00 range for very good hotels.

Thank you for the link. That place looks awesome.

Comment

I spent an evening in the Metropolitan Museum of art a few weeks - the quantity and quality of catalog is mind numbing.

Also - walking along the water in the west 20s and the whitney museum is pretty cool

just make sure you dont waste too much time (and more than fifteen minutes is too much) wandering around times square

Comment

I loved the Museum of Natural History as a kid, but when I went there last (maybe early 00s?), it felt like nothing had changed since the 1970s. So I can’t recommend it.
                  Well I'd never been there so I thought it was neat. It was also the first museum we did in NYC, before museum fatigue set in.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I spent an evening in the Metropolitan Museum of art a few weeks - the quantity and quality of catalog is mind numbing.

Also - walking along the water in the west 20s and the whitney museum is pretty cool

just make sure you dont waste too much time (and more than fifteen minutes is too much) wandering around times square
                    I spent parts of a couple days just walking around and the other day at the Met. The Met was definitely worthwhile and I wish I had more time there.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                    X