Mason or non-Mason, you may want to read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason or non-Mason, you may want to read this

A woman came into my store on Saturday. After she looked around a bit, she asked me if I was a Mason. I said no.

She then proceeded to tell me that they kill people. They take life insurance polices out on people then kill them, making it look like an accident, and collecting the policies.

I told my friend that is a Mason and he said he had never even heard that rumor before. (Of course, I'm not sure how high up my friend is in the Masons. Maybe they haven't told him about that yet.)

Masons run the world.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I told my friend that is a Mason and he said he had never even heard that rumor before. (Of course, I'm not sure how high up my friend is in the Masons. Maybe they haven't told him about that yet.)
      You do realize that's what they're trained to say in mason killing school.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The first rule of Mason Club is you do not talk about Mason Club.

Comment

Did she buy anything?

Comment

A square and a compass!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Did she buy anything?
              Jars.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                Nope. Would have called her a customer if she had!
                Hadn't thought about it that way - I looked it up in order to be a customer you must
                a person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business.

so if you just get free stuff
                you are not a customer?

or if you just look but don't buy
                you are not a customer?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  Hadn't thought about it that way - I looked it up in order to be a customer you must
                  a person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business.

so if you just get free stuff
                  you are not a customer?

or if you just look but don't buy
                  you are not a customer?
                  Yeah, I think if you get freebies, you are a potential customer being courted by the business as such, and if you look and don't buy, you are not a customer (that is what I think is implied by signs that say bathrooms are for customers only). Of course, that can be complicated in cases of repeat customers. If you frequent a business, but don't always buy, I'd count you as a customer, even when you are not buying. That said, it would be a little weird if I owned a fast food joint and a guy would come in sometimes just to use the bathroom and leave and other times he'd buy stuff.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

What if you go in with the intention to purchase something, but the item you are looking for is not in stock?

Or, what if you go in just to look (or maybe just to to get warm on a cold day) and wind up buying something. Were you not a customer to begin with and them became a customer at some point? At the point of sale or some time before?
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Just a thing on a conspiracy theory, you can't just buy a life insurance on anybody, as most everyone knows. If you could, it would be the biggest lottery in the world.

You must have an "insurable interest" in the person in order to purchase a policy on their life. Examples: a spouse, a child, a business partner, a key employee, etc. Some insurable interests are purely financial in nature, while others are more sentimental.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        What if you go in with the intention to purchase something, but the item you are looking for is not in stock?
                        Then you have to pee in Aisle 12 - bathrooms are for customers only !
                        --------------------------------------
                        You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Maybe she meant Jackie Mason. I heard Jackie Mason did this.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Maybe she meant Jackie Mason. I heard Jackie Mason did this.
                            See, and I assumed she meant Anthony Mason. I figured all Knicks players were connected to the mafia and in on rackets like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                              Just a thing on a conspiracy theory, you can't just buy a life insurance on anybody, as most everyone knows. If you could, it would be the biggest lottery in the world.

You must have an "insurable interest" in the person in order to purchase a policy on their life. Examples: a spouse, a child, a business partner, a key employee, etc. Some insurable interests are purely financial in nature, while others are more sentimental.
                              This is just a fallacy spread by the World Banking Federation to try to throw us off the trail. The only thing worse than a Mason is the government.

Or maybe Steve needs to start selling tin foil hats, this lady would have been a customer then.

Comment

Working...
                              X