The RACE card!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    heh, nice one ... yeah, you'd think calling a city councillor a "fucking moron" on a publicly accessible internet forum could be slanderous ... I think I read that somewhere ...
    But i was told if it is true......then...

Later in that meeting this same Councilman voted 'no" on getting money from the State to help pay the salary for the new City Admin. So in effect, he voted to decline money to help pay the salary so the city taxpayers will have to foot the entire salary.

So turning down FREE money would qualify him as a moron in my book
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-21-2017, 01:36 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

That leads me to believe that this council person has an ax to grind or is looking to make a statement
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        But i was told if it is true......then...

Later in that meeting this same Councilman voted 'no" on having getting money from the State to help pay the salary for the new City Admin. So in effect, he voted to decline money to help pay the salary so the city taxpayers will have to foot the entire salary.

So turning down FREE money would qualify him as a moron in my book
        you do know that things like this aren't that straightforward; if the state was offering money for the position it likely had conditions attached (whether stated publicly or not)
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

you do know that things like this aren't that straightforward; if the state was offering money for the position it likely had conditions attached (whether stated publicly or not)
          This is also a very true statement - and one I should also have considered.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I figured that someone would bring this up. Sure conditions MIGHT be attached, but not always. States do provide money to municipalities that have no strings attached. it makes the local Representatives and Senators look good.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I figured that someone would bring this up. Sure conditions MIGHT be attached, but not always. States do provide money to municipalities that have no strings attached. it makes the local Representatives and Senators look good.
              I think you just found the string (if a councillor accepts the money but then does something to make the Senator look bad, well, the strings start to tighten)
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

heh, nice one ... yeah, you'd think calling a city councillor a "fucking moron" on a publicly accessible internet forum could be slanderous ... I think I read that somewhere ...
                Libelous (Because he wrote it) Slanderous if he speaks it.

Just sayin'
                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 09-21-2017, 03:34 PM.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Last night this Councilman mad a motion to put a dog park in the City Park. No one seconded his motion. He got pissed, went on a rant about how Council and mayor are a joke and failing the community and then stormed out of the meeting.

So he says Council is not doing it's duty by working to make the community better and getting things done, then leaves the meeting like a little baby. He doesn't see that leaving the meeting is doing exactly what he claims is the problem with Council and Mayor???

Comment

Working...
                  X