No announcement yet.

Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is asking them to get a new one? But when you run a house that has 30+ lanes with leagues on multiple nights, one would think that they could get a used one to oil before leagues start.

Last night the broom to sweep the approaches was laying on the approach with a number of lanes unswept. I moved the broom 2 minutes before practice started. Its just silly.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Who is asking them to get a new one? But when you run a house that has 30+ lanes with leagues on multiple nights, one would think that they could get a used one to oil before leagues start.

Last night the broom to sweep the approaches was laying on the approach with a number of lanes unswept. I moved the broom 2 minutes before practice started. Its just silly.
      I don't think anyone is. I was only pointing out that a brand new machine costs an amount. And I agree with regards to fresh oil and a tidy area around the lanes, it is unprofessional if not well kept.

Comment

• So last night was actually fun. I walked in knowing that there would be a shot, what shot I wanted to play and executed. The house shot is 40 ft, and there is minimal oil outside 10. I played urethane and started by stand with my left foot 7 boards left of center, rolling the ball 12 to 5. It was reacting good, but if I came around the ball I wouldnt quite make it back. I adjusted a bit by moving my feet 3 boards right and keeping my same mark. This tightened the line up just a bit. I finished game one with a 225 and had 2 blow up the pocket 7/10 splits. Game 2 I just stayed where I was and if anything at the end of the game moved my mark a tad left to tighten the line further and finished 241. Game 3 I threw the first 7 - and left a soft 7 pin (watched the 5 pin slide in front of it and lean on it - but just not enough). Missed the 7 pin to the right as I didnt get through the oil going across lane at it. Finished 246.

225 - 241- 246 for a 712. That was fun!
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Excellent series!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Thank Mith! It was nice to actually have something work consistently for an entire night. Had a couple bad breaks on the pocket 7/10's but finally it was fun again to bowl.

Comment

So last night was actually fun. I walked in knowing that there would be a shot, what shot I wanted to play and executed. The house shot is 40 ft, and there is minimal oil outside 10. I played urethane and started by stand with my left foot 7 boards left of center, rolling the ball 12 to 5. It was reacting good, but if I came around the ball I wouldnt quite make it back. I adjusted a bit by moving my feet 3 boards right and keeping my same mark. This tightened the line up just a bit. I finished game one with a 225 and had 2 blow up the pocket 7/10 splits. Game 2 I just stayed where I was and if anything at the end of the game moved my mark a tad left to tighten the line further and finished 241. Game 3 I threw the first 7 - and left a soft 7 pin (watched the 5 pin slide in front of it and lean on it - but just not enough). Missed the 7 pin to the right as I didnt get through the oil going across lane at it. Finished 246.

225 - 241- 246 for a 712. That was fun!
              Very nice! Right now I would be happy with 3 small deuces.

How do you shoot your 7 pins? Do you walk it in or go hard at it like a 10 pin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Depends on the lane conditions, but most of the time i walk it in.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It is somewhat dependent on the ball I am using. When using the aggressive stuff I just hook to it from the 5 board. With the urethane I have to be straighter at it and I let it out to much to get over there.

Comment

• Just curious, why don't you both shoot it like a 10 pin? When we shoot 10 pins we go across the oil pattern.

I don't do it that way as I am not that good at 10 pins. I am thinking about it though.

Comment

• I very rarely miss a 7 pin. Going across lane gives you more room to shoot at when attempting the corner pins.

Comment

I very rarely miss a 7 pin. Going across lane gives you more room to shoot at when attempting the corner pins.
                        This.

I tweaked my back somehow over the weekend. Woke up yesterday morning with some type of muscle strain. Feels a bit better today, but no way am i bowling and possibly make it worse.

Comment

I very rarely miss a 7 pin. Going across lane gives you more room to shoot at when attempting the corner pins.
                          With a walk in shot or straight at it (like the 10 pin)?

Comment

• I assume a walk in shot is a hook of some sort.

Im a righty, and hooking at the 7 I believe is an easier shot because I can shoot it off my strike mark and not change much. However as a rightie - I will move way left and throw a straight ball at the 10. Throwing a hook at the 10 will make that shot almost impossible because in order to hook at something you want to get outside it and come back to it. Since there is no real room outside the 10 to come back from you are elminating half the pin you are shooting at. With a straight ball I get the entire pin to shoot at.

Comment

I assume a walk in shot is a hook of some sort.

Im a righty, and hooking at the 7 I believe is an easier shot because I can shoot it off my strike mark and not change much. However as a rightie - I will move way left and throw a straight ball at the 10. Throwing a hook at the 10 will make that shot almost impossible because in order to hook at something you want to get outside it and come back to it. Since there is no real room outside the 10 to come back from you are elminating half the pin you are shooting at. With a straight ball I get the entire pin to shoot at.
                              Got it.

Would taking a straight line to the 7 pin eliminate concerns for the changing oil pattern?

I do struggle a bit with 7 pins. I hook the ball at them. Sometimes I pull the ball and it goes in the ditch. Sometimes I throw it too far right and it does not come back enough. I just do not seem to be able to find a consistent (and confident) line to use.

Comment

Got it.

Would taking a straight line to the 7 pin eliminate concerns for the changing oil pattern?

I do struggle a bit with 7 pins. I hook the ball at them. Sometimes I pull the ball and it goes in the ditch. Sometimes I throw it too far right and it does not come back enough. I just do not seem to be able to find a consistent (and confident) line to use.
                                This is why the pro's throw it straight and hard at the 7 pin. I can walk it in on the lanes where I bowl because I know the oil pattern.

It is probably better if one can throw direct at the 7-pin, like the 10-pin. Less chances for the oil to affect the shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X