No announcement yet.

Bowling 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed bowling this past Monday. Just wasn't feeling well with a headache and overall tired feeling.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I can relate to the aches and pains. I get tendonitis in my right elbow from time to time and some nights it does affect my bowling a bit. The pain isn't real bad, but just enough to twinge once in a while.
      How old are you? 80?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        How old are you? 80?
        52. Arthritis runs in my dad's side of the family. Not sure why it has affected my elbow though.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

52. Arthritis runs in my dad's side of the family. Not sure why it has affected my elbow though.
          Usage of your right elbow from bowling and other activities I would assume as a possibility.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            Usage of your right elbow from bowling and other activities I would assume as a possibility.
            Yeah. I realized that it sounded goofy when i posted that. I noticed it about 10 years ago, after a night of bowling as a matter of fact.

Comment

Ive been wearing a knee brace on my slide leg for basically the last 5 years. I also wear a compression sleeve on my right arm (elbow) and put biofreeze on it before putting the sleeve on.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Ive been wearing a knee brace on my slide leg for basically the last 5 years. .
                WOW! Bet that thing is rank!

Comment

224-279-235 = 738

Very nice shot. I also kept up the ball speed. I had a pretty wide zone to play with my normal shot.

2nd game was flat 10, ringing 10, 10 in a row.

Average up to 215.

Comment

Very nice shot. I also kept up the ball speed. I had a pretty wide zone to play with my normal shot.
                    wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Comment

224-279-235 = 738

Average up to 215.
                      Nice - so what is your highest Avg???

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        Nice - so what is your highest Avg???
                        I averaged 219 in the 2000, 2001 time frame.

Comment

224-279-235 = 738

Average up to 215.
                          Nice night!

Tonight I get to go back to the house that tortured me all night last week.

Comment

Nice night!

I am off tonight - we have 2 xtra bowlers so we do 2 weeks on 1 week off normally .

As they say in football - My bye week came at a good time to mend by body!!!!!

Plus Kyrie's first game back in Cleveland tonight .

Comment

I bowled competitively in junior high and high school (the era of the yellow dot and LT-47) - some kids gambled after friday night adult leagues - we all bowled saturday morning leagues
                              but the real competition was in the saturday afternoon travel leagues

the top 5 in each saturday league travelled to a different set of lanes every week - (usually in crappy neighborhoods that my parents hadn't been to) - this was a real challenge with drastically different conditions and also we usually had 2-3 maybe 3 balls. It was great fun and carrying an above 190 average was a big deal - above 200 was rare

you also had the distraction of the ohio state football game on the tvs - I once had a teammate roll a sanctioned 300 and he didnt even stay on the lanes between shots because he had to wander down to the snack bar to watch the buckeyes

so - a question is -how competitive is your league and what average does it take to be in the top 3rd/4th

Comment

Nice night!

Thanks and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X