The Sports Guy relates the NBA playoffs to quotes from The Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sports Guy relates the NBA playoffs to quotes from The Wire

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Brilliant column. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Comment

I just read the quotes...don't care about basketball...love the quotes. I need to netflix the series again now I think lol
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

This thread made me start watching The Wire again ... up to episode 5

Comment

I have never seen it, but know it is great. Outside of renting/buying DVDs any other way to watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
            I have never seen it, but know it is great. Outside of renting/buying DVDs any other way to watch it?
            I've never found watching stuff online to be as much fun as on DVD...

Comment

It's been airing on DirecTv's 101 channel every Sunday at 9pm but once per week is not quick enough for me...Not sure where they are at in the series right now...probably late in season 2
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Download it like every other mope out there

Comment

Season 4 of the Wire is some of the most awesome television I've ever seen.....I did have to wait a couple weeks to start season 5 because I was emotionally stunned.....The Shield is still the only thing that comes close, although Deadwood might have for me if it had another season or 2 in it.
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                  X